Audeze LCD-4
Nov 11, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #4,786 of 11,986
Nothing wrong with hd800S, actually with my new set up and cables, my itch may be scratched.

Nov 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #4,788 of 11,986
Famous last words

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #4,791 of 11,986
i'm 3 weeks since getting both the LCD-4 and Utopia on the same day.  return/keep drop dead date is Nov 19, a week away.

the day i got them both, i put the LCD-4 on first.  from the first song, i had a HUGE smile on my face and knew i would be keeping and loving these headphones for the next decade.  the Utopia?  not the same.  was not love at first listen.  knowing the LCD4 would have to be pried from my cold, dead hands, i have spent the bulk of the past 3 weeks listening to the Utopia and trying to break them in.  i HAVE made progress.  i really think the LCD4 and Utopia complement each other very well and i'm enjoy the Utopia a lot.  

but the nagging suspicion in the back of my mind is, are they worth the $3,000 more than the Elear (which i have not heard, btw)?  how big a difference could beryllium possibly make?  i have one more week to decide. 

in contrast, i've never had a second of buyer's remorse over the LCD4 and its equally insane price tag.  

i'll update on what i end up doing with the Utopia's if anyone cares.  

That's more or less exactly what happened to me.

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #4,792 of 11,986
  i'm 3 weeks since getting both the LCD-4 and Utopia on the same day.  return/keep drop dead date is Nov 19, a week away.

the day i got them both, i put the LCD-4 on first.  from the first song, i had a HUGE smile on my face and knew i would be keeping and loving these headphones for the next decade.  the Utopia?  not the same.  was not love at first listen.  knowing the LCD4 would have to be pried from my cold, dead hands, i have spent the bulk of the past 3 weeks listening to the Utopia and trying to break them in.  i HAVE made progress.  i really think the LCD4 and Utopia complement each other very well and i'm enjoy the Utopia a lot.  

but the nagging suspicion in the back of my mind is, are they worth the $3,000 more than the Elear (which i have not heard, btw)?  how big a difference could beryllium possibly make?  i have one more week to decide. 

in contrast, i've never had a second of buyer's remorse over the LCD4 and its equally insane price tag.  

i'll update on what i end up doing with the Utopia's if anyone cares.  

Same thing here!
The first time I listened to the Utopia my response was "What is going on? Is this s closed or open headphones??".
I had to maintain a fake smile on my face because the store owner was sitting next to me and he was expecting a WOW from me (he worships Utopia).
I just did not want to disappoint him 
wink_face.gif

Did not hear the LCD4 yet but I have ordered it blindly without trying it at all! 
tongue_smile.gif

Still waiting for it to arrive, it might take 10 days to be delivered 
frown.gif

popcorn.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #4,798 of 11,986
Hello everyone, I am negotiating my order with Audeze, where I can order a custom LCD4 with leather free ear-pads.

I have never tried the leather pads before and I have read that it gets warm after 30min!! My experience was only with the leather free LCD3, which was good. But I have been told that the leather free lack little of bass and treble. 

Any thoughts? does it get warm and annoying? What should I do?
I have to answer them ASAP 

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #4,799 of 11,986
  Hello everyone, I am negotiating my order with Audeze, where I can order a custom LCD4 with leather free ear-pads.

I have never tried the leather pads before and I have read that it gets warm after 30min!! My experience was only with the leather free LCD3, which was good. But I have been told that the leather free lack little of bass and treble. 

Any thoughts? does it get warm and annoying? What should I do?
I have to answer them ASAP 

Go vegan if you like dark, leather if you like a very slightly brighter sound. They only get warm if you're a fathead sweating nerd (i kid). They don't sweat or get warm for me at all and I have both a vegan 2.1, vegan 3, and leather 4, and leather doesn't bother me at all. If you're known as a sweaty person that's hot I would go vegan. 

The sound difference is why I go vegan. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #4,800 of 11,986
  Go vegan if you like dark, leather if you like a very slightly brighter sound. They only get warm if you're a fathead sweating nerd (i kid). They don't sweat or get warm for me at all and I have both a vegan 2.1, vegan 3, and leather 4, and leather doesn't bother me at all. If you're known as a sweaty person that's hot I would go vegan. 

The sound difference is why I go vegan. 

So it does not get warm because of the good leather and design (spacious earpad) used by Audeze? 

How old are your ear pads on both phones? I just want to know the life span, I understand that it is usage dependant. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back