Audeze LCD-4
Aug 12, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #4,397 of 12,053
And that includes Audezes very own 4K "The King" amp.
And the Studio Six also, best amp I've tried with Audezes including many balanced TOTL amps.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #4,401 of 12,053
Head-fi logic 
wink.gif

My amp is balanced/SE and it’s so good sounding, so that must be the best design.

My DAC is R2R/DS/FPGA and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

My headphone is dynamic/electrostatic/planar and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

My cables are twisted clockwise and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #4,403 of 12,053
  Head-fi logic 
wink.gif

My amp is balanced/SE and it’s so good sounding, so that must be the best design.

My DAC is R2R/DS/FPGA and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

My headphone is dynamic/electrostatic/planar and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

My cables are twisted clockwise and it’s so good sounding so that must be the best design.

Have you considered there's no such thing as a "best design"

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #4,405 of 12,053
  Have you considered there's no such thing as a "best design"

I think it might have been a dig at me?

All I was saying though was that I bet if you did a survey of people who owned or planned to own an LCD-4 and asked if they would like a balanced or unbalanced cable, the results would not be overwhelmingly single ended.  So why not let the buyer pick how they want their cable terminated, rather than assume single ended.

No idea why that's a touchy subject.  Where the very thought of a possible improvement (not even to the headphones - just to the web page) is taken as an insult.  Kinda ridiculous.

^TheCoolDoc, it is among the best I've heard on a headphone personally.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #4,406 of 12,053
Haven't tried the LCD-4 yet, but given how amazing the bass in my LCD-2 is, can they even make it any better?

Regarding bass only, how (overall) is the LCD-4?
The LCD 2 might be a touch punchier (some will argue that this isn't true with certain amps/dacs - which I HAVENT* used myself) but overall the LCD 4 is a clear class above the LCD 2.

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,407 of 12,053
I compared my LCD-2.2 pre fazor to my LCD-4. I then sold my LCD-2's. No contest when comparing bass response. The LCD-4 is absolutely the new king of planar bass. Keep in mind though you need some serious power to hear what they are capable of. Add 3 watts per channel @ 200 ohms and you will have cleaner, tighter, puncher, and more detailed bass then any other Audeze model.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #4,408 of 12,053
  I think that this is the new premium cable from Audeze. In my opinion the blue one looked more solid and premium.

Is this the cable the is with the LCD 4's?

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #4,409 of 12,053
  Chord Dave, Studio 6, McIntosh MHA100, list goes on. Balanced is a little overrated.. just my opinion!

Finding true balanced headphone amp is the key.  A few claim balanced but are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back