Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900?
Jul 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 356
Quote:
Really? i own TH 900 and try LCD 3 , i found that in that regard TH 900 are better, maybe i not listen it seriously, Thank you for your explanation and i will try LCD 3 again :D

Really. 
size]

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3Rev2sn2613375circa2012.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH900.pdf

Now personal preferences are a totally different thing. 

As well, the TH-900s sound great out of my iPhone, while the LCD-3s are a tougher nut to crack (or power properly). What amp/dac are you using?

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 356
Another vote for Fostex. I prefer the TH900 over LCD-2 by a huge margin, not sure about the LCD3, never heard it, but as they share the same sound signature with its little brother phone, I'm doubt that I would like the LCD3.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #19 of 356
Quote:
The LCD-3s are OPEN headphones, they're supposed to leak like a sieve. 
size]

I find the TH-900s isolate better than the D7000s (owned them twice) and more importantly for my wife, they leak out sound very little. Better than the Ed.8s and W3000s (used to own both).
Personal preference is one thing, technical merit of the drivers is something else....sorry, the LCD-3s are better in that regard. And sound staging on the LCD-3s is a smidge larger on the GS-X MKII. Pump in about 8W into 50 ohms and they open up (like all orthos). 

OK maybe I should have been more specific, obviously the LCDs are OPEN 
tongue.gif
, but not all open (or closed) headphones leak or isolate equally. The Senn HD650s don't leak as much as say the AKG k701 or any of the Grados. Another good example of isolation / leaking not being related to headphones being open or closed is the Fostex T50rp, which is semi-open and isolates infinitely better than the TH-900.

I have tested the TH-900 and D7000 out of the same amp at the same time and they isolate / leak exactly equally (pretty damn poor for a closed back, or about equal to the open HD650), which makes sense considering they are the same design.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #20 of 356
OK maybe I should have been more specific, obviously the LCDs are OPEN 
tongue.gif

, but not all open (or closed) headphones leak or isolate equally. The Senn HD650s don't leak as much as say the AKG k701 or any of the Grados. Another good example of isolation / leaking not being related to headphones being open or closed is the Fostex T50rp, which is semi-open and isolates infinitely better than the TH-900.

I have tested the TH-900 and D7000 out of the same amp at the same time and they isolate / leak exactly equally (pretty damn poor for a closed back, or about equal to the open HD650), which makes sense considering they are the same design.

Hd650s leak less than the k701s? Sorry can't agree with anything in this post.

Sorry, but the TH/900s leak out very little to the rest of the room. Had a mini meet at my place with a local Head-Fier and we both found that was a very strong trait. Can't agree here either.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #21 of 356
Quote:
Really. 
size]

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3Rev2sn2613375circa2012.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FostexTH900.pdf

Now personal preferences are a totally different thing. 

As well, the TH-900s sound great out of my iPhone, while the LCD-3s are a tougher nut to crack (or power properly). What amp/dac are you using?

I use RX MK3-B,Apex Glacier,The Intruder and International
I'm planning to buy the LCD 2 or LCD 3 ,i already own TH 900, so do you think which one is better for me?
I'm planning to buy the PanAm too since many people said that it synergy with the LCD.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #22 of 356
I have to side with the LCD-3s.  I'm not a bass head by far, sometimes the overwhelming bass from the TH900s is just to much for me.  However, they do sound really good with the right tracks.   I thought the LCD-3s bass was to much, not so after getting the TH900.  So yeah.

LCD-3 -->TH900  If a real tough choice..  

These are getting more head time than the TH900s right now.  Maybe its the new toy syndrome 
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #23 of 356
i'd buy both. (i am going to hopefully sometime this year or next year 
tongue_smile.gif
), they sound so different. TH 900 is great for bassheads and bass heavy music. LCD-3 is just darker and more refined.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 356
Quote:
I have to side with the LCD-3s.  I'm not a bass head by far, sometimes the overwhelming bass from the TH900s is just to much for me.  However, they do sound really good with the right tracks.   I thought the LCD-3s bass was to much, not so after getting the TH900.  So yeah.

These are getting more head time than the TH900s right now.  Maybe its the new toy syndrome 
biggrin.gif

oooh 
tongue_smile.gif

i almost bought a pair myself at the chicago meet, but decided to save up for TH-900 instead.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #25 of 356

These are getting more head time than the TH900s right now.  Maybe its the new toy syndrome :D

Those aren't on MrSpeakers website :)

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #27 of 356
Quote:
I use RX MK3-B,Apex Glacier,The Intruder and International
I'm planning to buy the LCD 2 or LCD 3 ,i already own TH 900, so do you think which one is better for me?
I'm planning to buy the PanAm too since many people said that it synergy with the LCD.

Yep...now I see why you had the conclusions you came to. Those amps are certainly up to the task for the TH-900s, but are far from a solution for your LCD-3s. I would strongly suggest a good SS amp that can put about 2 W into 50 ohms. Then please report back with your findings. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back