Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable.
Jun 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #46 of 53
I prefer the WyWires Red to the Toxic SW with my LCD3 in my setup.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #48 of 53
sam1e

My thoughts on the WyWires are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717013/wywires-red-headphone-cable/15#post_10630173

I can't tell you where my lcd's fall in the timeline but they are not veiled and therefore do not have replaced drivers.

My source is Bryston BDP-1/ Lampization L4G4/ Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b).

The biggest difference to me is instrument separation and image solidity within a larger and deeper soundstage.  Microdynamics are also improved.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #49 of 53
Nice review and great effort on the comparison between Q and Toxic Cables. I have not heard Q cables but I do agree that silver cables generally pair better with the LCD 3 given its character. I, too, have the SW for my LCD 3 and have found it to be a wonderful pairing. It brings out the air, sparkle and added detail in the higher frequencies while still maintaining deep, tight bass which is not overpowering. The SW are very balanced cables which complements the LCD 3 extremely well. I have not had the urge to upgrade since settling on the SW (well, maybe for a 16 wire SW if Frank decides to make one). So good were the SWs that I purchased another pair for my HD800 (also a great match). As usual, jmho.

Sep 11, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #51 of 53
Toxic Cable Venom Silver

BTW how much does it cost?  Should not be cheap 
cool.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #52 of 53
BTW how much does it cost?  Should not be cheap :cool:

No not so cheap however the Venom is Franks flagship offering for Audeze owners. Conversion from British Pounds to U.S. dollars equals just under $1,200.00 with a long wait time.

Frank briefly explains his R & D with the Venom cable on his web site, comparing the competition Frank is confident his flagship cable is far better which is a mighty bold statement.
I need a custom length of cable for my listening position and new Fazor Audeze 3s , :trumpet:

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #53 of 53
BTW how much does it cost?  Should not be cheap :cool:

Check this custom cable..its also a venom..but the copper version of it..also 8wire and also retangular solid wire..only difference is huge price difference and copper vs. silver...and much more affordable!...the cable on pic is a one off specially built for me with 8wire for my Code-X..just like the silver widow, as normal copper venom has 4wires, thats why its called:VENOM RC-4

This cable is on his way to me as we speak...but i understand the 'regular' copper venom RC4 (4wire version)!will also pair very well with a lcd3.

Maybe a tip as alternative to a silver venom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back