Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #7,216 of 7,334
I believe so, while others may not.

Amplifiers do not "make stuff louder", they also add control, headroom, definition.

I am not suggesting get something $$$ expensive, but $200-400 balanced and you are golden... let the flame 🔥 wars 🔥 begin (goes to make 🍿 popcorn 🍿

2g1eun.jpg

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #7,218 of 7,334
At this moment I use lcd-2c (new version) with ifi xdsd gryphon + ifi zen can via balanced cable. if I replace the amplifier, will I get more benefit in sound quality ?
Yes, but only if you find something that synergize better with the LCD Classic, for your taste of course.

VS what you already have, in my experience, and for my taste, that would be a more juicy discrete amplifier, in my case specifically I was impressed by Schiit Lyr 2&3, the beefier Audio-gd amps, Violectric is great too, but in general discrete amps rated for 2-3Watts and upward into 50 Ohm will make a difference.

Take into account that the LCD2C were those that pushed me to use parametric equalization, perhaps you should try that first. Links under my profile here.

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #7,219 of 7,334
I did follow the idea everyone said that if my amp/dac is working as a proper balanced piece of kit then that's the output i should use.

Well i got the balanced cable, tried it right now with a few tracks and it definitely sounds both louder and cleaner than the 6.3 output from my ZENDAC. I tried it back to back for the same tracks. There is no mistaking the difference as placebo. The volume on my PC control panel between the two cables in order to match is 26 for the balanced and 34 for the single ended.

Balanced cable also definitely sounds cleaner. Listening to Perturbator 80s synth tracks seriously pronounced the difference but everything else is the same. The bass boost on the zen dac also makes the LCD2C sing. Not that it didn't before, just now i feel some power and dynamism compared to the more laid back nature of the normal cable.

Strange indeed, thanks everyone for their input.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #7,220 of 7,334
👍 great!

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #7,221 of 7,334
Actually I am no feel big difference between ifi xdsd gryphon and zen can except volume level on lcd-2c. 1000mv at 32om vs 1890mv at 64om. Even maybe gryphon sounds little better becose more powerful impact xbass function. Both devices have enough headroom in volume but zen can have more volume limits

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #7,223 of 7,334
So here's a funny question: do any of the planar IEMs like the Timeless or Raptgo Hook X HBB, that give a generally similar experience to the LCD-2C? Obviously it's not going to be a 1:1 match and there will be concessions, but I'm talking about something that just gives a close approximation while I'm out and about.

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #7,224 of 7,334
So here's a funny question: do any of the planar IEMs like the Timeless or Raptgo Hook X HBB, that give a generally similar experience to the LCD-2C? Obviously it's not going to be a 1:1 match and there will be concessions, but I'm talking about something that just gives a close approximation while I'm out and about.
Don't forget Audeze's own iSine Series!

The iSine 10's are great and work well with the cyber cable and Audeze app.

Feb 24, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #7,226 of 7,334
Feb 26, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #7,228 of 7,334
if you drink enough vodka with the police in poland, will sound even better the iem. fake life.

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #7,229 of 7,334
It was time to replace the stock earpads for my beloved LCD-2C, and I was absolutely floored with the price gouging on their official website. 110~ Canadian dollars for the leather earpads I get...but 74 cad for shipping? That's nearly the same cost of the earpads...

Anyone know of a Canadian supplier that carries original audeze earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back