Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #6,586 of 7,334
They gave me a full new cable, shipped to me directly via FEDEX Express. I contacted Audeze directly and they solved the problem very fast. The shop was one of those big german music stores, not thomann, the other one, they didn't offered any kind of help, just to return them for a full refund is the option offered by the shop, and they took a while to answer. Audeze answered same day and fast.
Audeze are known for their excellent customer support, same happened with me with a Focal supplier till I took it to the Focal US dealer who honored the warranty.

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #6,587 of 7,334
My curiosity got the best of me and I picked up a pair of these after grabbing the LCD-2 closed as an intro into the world of Audeze. Compared to the rest of my stable (HE-500 & HE6se v2 open backs, LCD-2 closed & Aeon Flow RT closed backs) these are IMO the least technically capable and probably the worst overall performers on paper but I'll be damned if there isn't a bit of je ne sais quoi that makes them just friendly, pleasant, and inviting to my ears.

The stock sound is not for me but with some generous Lokius-ing and a nice volume nudge on the 789 it's super easy to just zone in on my work/online classes and still be subconsciously enjoying the music. Enough character to keep things interesting but not enough to interfere with whatever else is going on.

Not sure if this niche type of performance is something that I'll keep around but I totally get why people dig them.

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #6,588 of 7,334
Tube-curiosity has gotten the better of me with the arrival today of a Vali2+.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it has been nothing short of a revelation with the LCD-2C, so far with just the stock tube. Plenty of power in high-gain, with fuller/rounder sounding bass and the mids cleaned up nicely.

I had been using oratory1990 EQ settings with the Asgard3, but that is no longer required with this sweet little tube-amp.

Can't wait to try out a few more tubes, feels like I'm falling into yet another rabbit-hole...

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #6,589 of 7,334

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it has been nothing short of a revelation with the LCD-2C, so far with just the stock tube. Plenty of power in high-gain, with fuller/rounder sounding bass and the mids cleaned up nicely.

I had been using oratory1990 EQ settings with the Asgard3, but that is no longer required with this sweet little tube-amp.

Can't wait to try out a few more tubes, feels like I'm falling into yet another rabbit-hole...
Wait until you try a Sovtek 6922! Several posts mention that as a great pairing for the LCD 2Cs and they were right. I am amazed at my little stack with the ModiMulti and Sovtek tube. There's some magic going on there. Some people describe the modimulti as being "shouty" but maybe that's a good quality in slightly darker headphones. I also use the Snake Oil mini link interconnects and a C3 Silver/Copper headphone cable that both contribute to the overall sound.

Aug 21, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #6,590 of 7,334

Vali2+ is just the entrance of the rabbit hole, believe me.😁😁

Aug 21, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #6,591 of 7,334
My curiosity got the best of me and I picked up a pair of these after grabbing the LCD-2 closed as an intro into the world of Audeze. Compared to the rest of my stable (HE-500 & HE6se v2 open backs, LCD-2 closed & Aeon Flow RT closed backs) these are IMO the least technically capable and probably the worst overall performers on paper but I'll be damned if there isn't a bit of je ne sais quoi that makes them just friendly, pleasant, and inviting to my ears.

The stock sound is not for me but with some generous Lokius-ing and a nice volume nudge on the 789 it's super easy to just zone in on my work/online classes and still be subconsciously enjoying the music. Enough character to keep things interesting but not enough to interfere with whatever else is going on.

Not sure if this niche type of performance is something that I'll keep around but I totally get why people dig them.
I`ve got the LCD-2CB and was wondering the difference between these and the LCD-2C, care to share?
AFAIK they have the same driver.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #6,592 of 7,334
I`ve got the LCD-2CB and was wondering the difference between these and the LCD-2C, care to share?
AFAIK they have the same driver.
I find the 2CB to have more bass and treble than than the 2C, not V-shaped by any means but a slight warm lean with less high-end roll-off. They really aren't similar out of the box.

With that said I can get a similar-ish tone with the Lokius by adding a couple of db at 2K, 6K, and 16K and a nice boost at 20 Hz for the 2C. I'll admit though that since my first post the stock tonality has grown on me and I spend more time listening to it that way than with EQ; the EQ though gives it a lot of versatility, almost like 2 different headphones. I don't feel the need to EQ the 2CB at all.

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #6,593 of 7,334
Quick one as I couldn't find information on this specific pairing.

I recently bought a pair of Audeze LCD-2 Classic.

'Loved them right out of the box using an A&K SR25 in line-out via a Schiit Vali2.

In fact, I loved them so much I wanted to move with them (couch, etc.) so I got an A&K Kann Alpha.

I was afraid I'll loose dynamics and the overall tuning I fell in love with but... nope, in fact it's even better!

Write up coming up :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #6,594 of 7,334

'Loved them right out of the box using an A&K SR25 in line-out via a Schiit Vali2.

In fact, I loved them so much I wanted to move with them (couch, etc.) so I got an A&K Kann Alpha.

I was afraid I'll loose dynamics and the overall tuning I fell in love with but... nope, in fact it's even better!

Very nice! I haven’t got round to using the SR25 as a source for the Vali2, waiting for a few tubes to arrive first.

But this is definitely a config I'm keen to test out. In future, I might relocate the Vali elsewhere around the house for a second little listening station..

Sep 5, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #6,595 of 7,334

As promised, the write-up is live! Enjoy the read.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #6,598 of 7,334
Hi all, I have recently bought a set of LCD2 classic's, they clamp real tight! Does anybody else suffer with hearing their own heart beat through the phones? It's quite annoying, I don't know whether I need to clamp them permanently open for a while around a head shaped object to break them in?

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #6,599 of 7,334
Hi all, I have recently bought a set of LCD2 classic's, they clamp real tight! Does anybody else suffer with hearing their own heart beat through the phones? It's quite annoying, I don't know whether I need to clamp them permanently open for a while around a head shaped object to break them in?
The clamp force will be reduced with use over the time but if you feel too uncomfortable, try bending metal headband by applying pressure on top of it. But don't try to stretch it holding the cups or adjustable rods.

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #6,600 of 7,334
Or, do this, will lower clamp substantially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back