Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,546 of 7,334
The best stand for keeping the pads & headband in good condition are the Rooms FS

2727011.jpg

They're a bit pricey (80€ aprox.) but well worth the money IMO, I have the mahogany version for my SR-007A and couldn't be happier.
Dam these look stunning. And pricey.

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #1,547 of 7,334
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #1,549 of 7,334
As an owner of a pair of 2016 LCD-2F's, I would love if anyone has any comparisons between the regular LCD-2's and the LCD-2C's. Obviously they are more comfortable, but how is the sound comparison? I know I probably can't justify buying them, but 600$ is so tempting... Anyway if anyone has heard both, some impressions of the sound differences would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #1,550 of 7,334
Edit: The bass is out now with great precision. Love the phones!

Hi Newbie from Canada,

Im pairing Schiit Jotunheim w DAC connected to my sportify on iPhone 6s plus, bass is weak. Listening to them for 7 hours for the past 3 days. iTunes AALS is better but still not too good. As I listen to Christian music, there are not too many good music quality songs out there. I use B&W P9 for reference, Beyerdynamic DT1770 pro and HIFIMan 400i (sold). So I know bass quantity is not enough. Any good equalizer software you can recommend for either my Macbook air or iPhone? equalizer as a separate component. That will be greatly appreciated ! And I order balanced xlr cable on eBay to take advantage of the
Jotunheim balanced out. hopefully that may help. In Canada I just can't return the LCD2C, fedex us70 and 13% SALES TAX, I WILL LOSE A LOT.

please help with 1. EQ software that can control Sportify,or iTunes 2. Separate EQ component hardware or any other tweaks

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #1,551 of 7,334
Yeah it's quite a nice unit and sounds great, there is just a serious lack of bass with the 2C's since the power isn't there. I'm hoping with a Magni 3 that will change things.

To be honest, returning LCD2 and buying a Fostex headphone which can easily be driven by HP-A4 would have been more certain solution for lack of bass.

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #1,552 of 7,334
To be honest, returning LCD2 and buying a Fostex headphone which can easily be driven by HP-A4 would have been more certain solution for lack of bass.
Truth. Nothing does bass like Fostex. Not even my much-lauded ZMF Atticus. Cleaner, more textured, tighter. Sure. Bigger? No chance!

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #1,553 of 7,334

There is nowhere in my area (that I know of) that demo's Fostex gear. I was able to demo a pair of LCD2's at my nearest audio shop and loved them enough to preorder the LCD-2C's a few weeks later. I can't imagine that the LCD2's I demoed and the 2C's are completely different in the bass spectrum, and would imagine it has to be my underpowered amp.

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #1,554 of 7,334
There is nowhere in my area (that I know of) that demo's Fostex gear. I was able to demo a pair of LCD2's at my nearest audio shop and loved them enough to preorder the LCD-2C's a few weeks later. I can't imagine that the LCD2's I demoed and the 2C's are completely different in the bass spectrum, and would imagine it has to be my underpowered amp.
My lcd2c and the lcd2 That was under a year old i heard over the weekend both through a hugo2 had different bass lcd2c was cleaner and more controlled whle the lcd2 had more impact.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,555 of 7,334
My lcd2c and the lcd2 That was under a year old i heard over the weekend both through a hugo2 had different bass lcd2c was cleaner and more controlled whle the lcd2 had more impact.

Glad to hear that there might be a bit of difference. I'm guessing the only way I would be able to know for sure is if I went back to the audio shop and plugged my phones into the same source (which might be quite a while since I live a fair ways away.)

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,556 of 7,334
Hi Newbie from Canada,

Im pairing Schiit Jotunheim w DAC connected to my sportify on iPhone 6s plus, bass is weak. Listening to them for 7 hours for the past 3 days. iTunes AALS is better but still not too good. As I listen to Christian music, there are not too many good music quality songs out there. I use B&W P9 for reference, Beyerdynamic DT1770 pro and HIFIMan 400i (sold). So I know bass quantity is not enough. Any good equalizer software you can recommend for either my Macbook air or iPhone? equalizer as a separate component. That will be greatly appreciated ! And I order balanced xlr cable on eBay to take advantage of the
Jotunheim balanced out. hopefully that may help. In Canada I just can't return the LCD2C, fedex us70 and 13% SALES TAX, I WILL LOSE A LOT.

please help with 1. EQ software that can control Sportify,or iTunes 2. Separate EQ component hardware or any other tweaks

Your iPhone might not be the best way to get the best out of your LCD2-C. I have mine connected to a Woo Audio WA6-SE and am getting all the bass I can handle. Before you blame your headphones blame the source.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,557 of 7,334
The LDC-2C can balanced it self on the desk without the headband and the ends of the plug touching the surface
Hi Newbie from Canada,

The balanced headphone jack will help, that's the thing with balanced connection you need to use in order to get the best of it products, which mean more money. Are you using the CCK cable on the iphone

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,558 of 7,334
I have to say, I'm very confused by people who say the bass is weak on the lcd2c with certain amps. I question if perhaps they are used to overinflated Beats bass or something? In my personal experience, even coming straight out of my phone via lightning -> 1/8" -> 1/4" adapter, the bass is deep and impactful. The only thing my more powerful amps give me is a bit more warmth to everything and I feel the phone is a bit more shrill and a bit fake sounding in it's brightness/clarity. Other than that, I can listen to a bass heavy track and I've never said "wow this needs more"

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #1,559 of 7,334
I have to say, I'm very confused by people who say the bass is weak on the lcd2c with certain amps. I question if perhaps they are used to overinflated Beats bass or something? In my personal experience, even coming straight out of my phone via lightning -> 1/8" -> 1/4" adapter, the bass is deep and impactful. The only thing my more powerful amps give me is a bit more warmth to everything and I feel the phone is a bit more shrill and a bit fake sounding in it's brightness/clarity. Other than that, I can listen to a bass heavy track and I've never said "wow this needs more"

I have a SteelSeries Siberia V2 that I use when I need a mic, and coming out of my motherboard onboard it has more bass than my LCD-2C's... Granted gaming headphones are more about "oomph", but I've never had a set of bass cannons, and certainly not Beats. The bass is anemic out of my HP-A4 and considering it's power rating that I didn't pay enough attention too when I bought it, it has to be that.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,560 of 7,334
The LDC-2C can balanced it self on the desk without the headband and the ends of the plug touching the surface

The balanced headphone jack will help, that's the thing with balanced connection you need to use in order to get the best of it products, which mean more money. Are you using the CCK cable on the iphone
Hi willywill, yes Im using the cck to connect to Jotunheim. tks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back