Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #976 of 7,334
I think Zoom25 was talking about the KRK when he'd written about the upper mids and treble presence...
Yes he was - sorry I wasn’t very clear. Generally speaking the impressions have described the sound of the 2C almost exactly how I’m hearing the 2016 2F. I’m also hearing other users describing more “air” than the older pre-fazor 2, but overall a neutral to slightly warm of neutral sound, which is consistent with the 2016 2F.

Will be interesting to compare Tyll’s measurements of the 2C to the latest 2F to see where they differ.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #978 of 7,334
Speaking of which, has anyone done any proper measurements on these vs. the Fazor version? Or are we still waiting on official reviewers to do that?

EDIT: oh nevermind, you said Tyll will be doing that. Any ETA?

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #979 of 7,334
After two days of listening to these things...they are just amazing and at $599 probably the best value on the market right now. I actually prefer these to my LCD2.2F and they have the wonderful suspension headband. I was expecting the darker sounds signature to blunt the upper mids and detail, but that is not happening at all. They are still very detailed with great highs but have better bass extension. This is as close to a perfect all-arounder as I have ever owned.

I still love my LCD3 but they are significantly heavier so I can enjoy a much longer listening session on the LCD2C without fatigue. Amazing!!!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #980 of 7,334
It actually performed better than I thought. I thought there would be problem with either lack of bass or fatiguing sound due to insufficient power during peaks or just mismatch character like back in the day on stuff like O2 and Fiio E10. Nope, nothing wrong here.

I'm typically around 9-10 on the headphone pot. This is one area where it's a benefit to have an overbuilt power supply. The Teradak 12V13A handles it all with plenty of spare. You don't hear any strain during transients.

Not surprising; the headphone amps on the SOURCE output 5 watts! I'm considering a Teradak supply for mine at some point.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #981 of 7,334
The headband adjust on these is quite interesting. I have them nearly all the way down and they fit perfect. How big of a head do you need to have to put them up higher? lol

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #982 of 7,334
About 5 minutes after I started listening with these my first thought was to go list my Teaks for sale.

Taking a little break now, given that I've only had a pot of coffee to eat so far today I've got a splitting headache, but I can't wait to delve further into my collection with them.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #984 of 7,334
I'll be getting a pair of these on Christmas morning, lucky me. At that time my Dragonfly Red will be the amp I have at hand. Should I temper my expectations ???

I run my LCD-2 off of my Dragonfly Red amplifier with no issues.
Keep that excitement up!

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #988 of 7,334
I sold my LCD-2s because I couldn't deal with the weight for long sessions, but I've had absolutely no trouble with these. There's no part of my head that the suspension headband doesn't touch, so big props to Audeze for that.

I agree 100%...I have always had a love/hate relationship with Audeze headphones because I could never get them to be comfortable. This headphone is a game-changer in that regard...pure comfort for hours on end. Over the holidays I am planning to test this headband on my LCD3 and 2.2F so that I can actually listen to those headphones longer than 30 mins:)

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #989 of 7,334
It's kind of astonishing how jealous I'm becoming of everyone who owns these new headbands, yet not the new headphone.

EDIT: I hope to get a comparison of dimensions between this new headband and the carbon-fiber headband. I've actually read multiple posts that have had users selling off their carbon-fiber headband because they prefer the size of the regular headband.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back