Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #737 of 7,334
For those with their LCD-2c's already, how do your amps fair with them as far as power/clock position? I'm thinking of replacing my UD-301 with a JDS Labs O2+ODAC or a Benchmark DAC1 for more power.

I didn't like the O2 at all with LCD-2 or LCD-3. It was okay with HE-500.

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #738 of 7,334
I didn't like the O2 at all with LCD-2 or LCD-3. It was okay with HE-500.
LCD-2F needs loads of current, even though it’s easy to drive. Loudness doesn’t equate to control. I would imagine the LCD-2C will be the same. My 2F pairs beautifully with a Matrix HPA-3B (balanced and SE), and also the Micro iDSD (which I mainly use as a dac). Doesn’t like my Woo WA3 much - at least not as much as the Atticus loves it.

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #740 of 7,334
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #742 of 7,334
99% sure it's US right in their headquarters like the other models.
We would definitely like to think so. I just got a bit alarmed by The Verge overview where they this: "The LCD2 Classic is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the LCD-2, at $799, however Audeze’s putting on an even lower price of $599 just for the holidays. For that money, you lose out on the fancy wood veneer on the ear cups and the “handcrafted in the USA” label of the LCD-2, but you do retain the sound signature and specs of the original."

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #743 of 7,334
We would definitely like to think so. I just got a bit alarmed by The Verge overview where they this: "The LCD2 Classic is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the LCD-2, at $799, however Audeze’s putting on an even lower price of $599 just for the holidays. For that money, you lose out on the fancy wood veneer on the ear cups and the “handcrafted in the USA” label of the LCD-2, but you do retain the sound signature and specs of the original."

only thing actually made in USA is the wooden rings, everything else is sourced from OEM factories in China, without that, they can't really claim "handcrafted in the USA"

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #744 of 7,334
For those with their LCD-2c's already, how do your amps fair with them as far as power/clock position? I'm thinking of replacing my UD-301 with a JDS Labs O2+ODAC or a Benchmark DAC1 for more power.
I keep my Jotunheim at around the 10 o’clock mark with the unbalanced quarter inch cable and that’s plenty loud for the LCD-2C’s.

This is in low gain.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #745 of 7,334
I keep my Jotunheim at around the 10 o’clock mark with the unbalanced quarter inch cable and that’s plenty loud for the LCD-2C’s.
Look forward to some extended impressions from you today, if you have the time and inclination :) Especially keen to hear about differences/similarities between the 2C and 2F with some song choice examples. Specifically would love to know how the mids compare, and in particular upper mids with female vocals. Thx in advance.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #747 of 7,334
My 2F pairs beautifully with a Matrix HPA-3B (balanced and SE)
Wow, someone else has hpa-3 B. It is a great amp at least to my ears. It's amusing that the liquid carbon and the Jot get so much attention and praise compared to the 3B. Really thinking about getting a pair of these classics, just a little worried about the weight.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #749 of 7,334
Brilliant minds think alike! Rumor has it that the Deckard is an OEM version of the 3B...
Yes, I have read that also, without the dac and fancy case. I use mine hooked to the emotiva erc3 balanced CD player. Yes, I am old. I have a large cd collection and still buy cds st least once a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back