Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #676 of 7,334
Completely agree. The LCD-2 doesn’t come with a balanced cable either - and retails for $995. And FYI, the Elear doesn’t either. Massdrop have thrown one in for added value, but that doesn’t suddenly make the LCD-2 or Elear “bad value”. The Elear doesn’t ship in a Pelican case like the LCD-2, so should we complain about that?

Interesting. Someone did complain that the Utopia should include the extra cables and case the Clear gets. Of course, the Utopia is a lot more than both the Elear and the Clear so that was the reason given. But the conclusion was similar, that Focal should think of the consumer and value.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #679 of 7,334
That’s okay, you can always buy that $2,999 aftermarket balanced cable made from copper mined from a Tibetan village that improves the lower midrange by .000002 %.

link? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #680 of 7,334
You are probably forgetting that it’s essentially a product that first came out 8 years ago and had an established reputation. Different marketing principles apply in that context but I get that information has been sparse.

Well put. I'm not forgetting quality problems. A few sentences on this thread regarding quality issues experienced in the past would be all it takes to boost consumer confidence...

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #681 of 7,334
Well put. I'm not forgetting quality problems. A few sentences on this thread regarding quality issues experienced in the past would be all it takes to boost consumer confidence...

You mean: “Get that wonderful feeling of nostalgia when that driver fails....just like the days of yore!” It’s all part of the vintage experience.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #682 of 7,334
You mean: “Get that wonderful feeling of nostalgia when that driver fails....just like the days of yore!” It’s all part of the vintage experience.
I think that Audeze are bringing out a lower priced LCD shows that they must be pretty confident in their quality. They wouldn't be able to absorb the cost of a high failure and return rate with a cheaper product, and they're a mature enough company that I don't think they would make that mistake.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #684 of 7,334
I got a balanced cable from zmf and pads for $100... not spending 150 on any cable ever

You know that you can make your own cable right? I made 2 cables, balance and 3.5mm to Mini XLR, using parts bought from redco for less than $40.

dQ6Aut7.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #685 of 7,334
You know that you can make your own cable right? I made 2 cables, balance and 2.5mm to Mini XLR, using parts bought from redco for less than $40.

dQ6Aut7.jpg
Yeah, i was directing my comment at the guy who paid 150 for the audeze cable and then complained about it compared to the elex.Those look really good! I'll have to check out that store for future cables.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #686 of 7,334
I don't think there is a need to ship both cables if most people aren't going to use balanced. However, I think the customer should have the option to choose either balanced or single ended for all models when ordering. There should be a short (6 inches to a feet) balanced to single ended adapter. Problem solved. It costs less money than for the full cable. The price will be essentially for the connectors.

Additionally, it could save Audeze some trouble from a repair standpoint. I'd rather swap out adapters at the end of the cable than swap out cable from the connectors at the earcups entry point. I like to leave that end plugged in permanently. Less goes wrong that way.

So majority of the people can order the 1/4 as that's what they use and it will come with their 3.5mm adapter. Similarly, let people order the balanced with a single ended adapter. It's a very fair request at those prices. No need to supply 2 cables.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #687 of 7,334
I'd be curious to see if accessories change once the holiday pricing ends.

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #690 of 7,334
Sound!???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back