Audeze lcd-2 vs Stax?
Apr 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #49 of 54

Quote:
I would recommend getting 2 ipod nanos and running them balanced.

LOL!  You can pick up an attenuator from Woo.  Oh wait....

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #50 of 54

Quote:
I wasn't going for transparency, I wanted to enjoy the euphonic (in triode)/edgy (in ultra-linear) sound of my F1 on my O2s. Doesn't seem like a s***** idea at all, I'm enjoying it. FWIW, hooked up to my big boy Integra RDA-7, one of the most transparent and neutral amps of its generation, and the detail is fantastic and almost on par with the SRM-717. One extreme test is House Of Tom Bombadil by Nickel Creek, it will reveal weaknesses in a chain very quickly, leaving poorly conceived setups bleeding by the side of the road. No bloodbath here, the hobbits made it through the Barrow-downs unscathed.
So far I'm not encountering the big negatives that I was told lay in wait for me. My only real gripe is the switch could provide better tactile feel, not a big deal though.

Yeah, if that's what you were going for I need to withdraw the "schitty idea" comment.  I am all about transparency with Stax and full size speakers systems, but there is no reason not to shoot for a different flavor.  

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #51 of 54
I also prefer 007 + 717 combo over LCD2 or HE6/HE500. However, it is hard to find any decent amp for 007 at low price. I would recommend LCD2 or HE500 for the type of music you listen to. In my opinion, HE500 covers more music genres and have better balance overall than LCD2, but you might consider LCD2 because its strength is in bass region (which is good for hip-hop I guess). I would have kept LCD2 if it was comfortable to wear (I couldn't wear it longer than 10 minutes). 

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #52 of 54
So you compared the cheapest Stax and dynamic phones several times their cost (JH13) and decided all electrostats are not good? :rolleyes:

the cheapest would be the sr-202 i assume in the lambda family.still, they're not lean by any means and have good bottom-end. i listen to tons of under-ground hip-hop and trip-hop sometimes and find them really nice just about anything. yea they don't fart in your ears and give you annoying air pressure against your ears but have pretty good extension. people are just so use to having things fart in their ears and think that's top quality bass. same can be said with car woofers but that's another matter for another time.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #54 of 54
I disagree man, people who find the Lambdas bass lite aren't just used to fart cannons, that's crazy talk. 

you are right. my fault on making an assumption and being judgmental. should of thought over and double checked what i wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back