Audeze LCD-2 & Peachtree Audio Nova Pre :)
Nov 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 8
How do you like the Audeze headphones with the NovaPre? I have a Peachtree Audio NovaPre & 220 Power Amp and have been looking at getting a pair of the Audeze LCD-3's or the new Audeze LCD-X's. I didn't know if a seperate headphone amp would be necessary with headphones like the Audeze's.

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 8
Any thoughts on the combo?

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 8
They work really well together. I have been playing with a Burson Audio headphone amp/DAC and it powers them a little better than the Peachtree, but not enough to warrant spending another $1k on one. I have never had to turn the volume up past 1/2 way on the Peachtree and it makes the headphones sound amazing. I bought my LCD-2s from a dealer that had a liberal 30 day return policy and that was really going to be the deal breaker for me. If the Peachtree didn't drive them I wasn't going to keep them.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this combo. I've been happy using my Nova Pre with DT880s, DT770s, and SR225s. I had been wondering if it was a good match for Audeze headphones. 

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Rob, thanks for the info. I was strongly considering purchasing a Burson Conductor to go with a pair of Audeze's but it is hard to justify (to myself, and ever harder with my wife) that I should spend almost another $2000 to get the best sound out of them. I have been using B&W P5's but they are nothing special so the headphone out is fine on the NovaPre for them, but Jonathan Derda at Peachtree had recommended to me to get a seperate headphone amp if I get the Audeze's, so this is good to know that it's not a bad combo.

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Just got a pair of Audeze LCD2.2's today, and I have to say they sound a bit underpowered with this amp. It does put out 1 watt @ 32 ohms, but I have to turn the dial to about 4pm to get a good listening volume and by that point there is a bit of distortion at the high end it seems, but the bass is still fantastic. I think a Burson Conductor will be in my future since it puts out a good 4 watts that should certainly help drive these headphones more appropriately. Just thought I would put it my 2 cents, more to follow as I listen some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back