Audeze far and away shows their true colors.
Feb 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Mattimis

Head-Fier
I recently had a mishap when purchasing a pair of used Audeze headphones from CL.

I purchased a pair of Audeze LCD-3 headphones and shortly after I began to notice something strange about the headphones.
After some further inspection I was sure something was wrong, so I posted a picture on here to see if anyone else had a similar headphone.

Soon after Audeze contacted me through the forum concerned that the pair I had bought, were a pair of headphones recently stolen from one of their staff.
I quickly had the headphones sent in, and Audeze kept in contact the whole way through.
The headphones were sent out and arrived Audeze today, and I call Audeze to see what my options were. Fully convinced I had bought a stolen pair of headphones and thus lost my money

Audeze was absolutely AMAZING, they assured me I had nothing to worry about.
They told me they would take the headphones apart to verify the drivers and make sure everything was in like new condition, and that if anything was wrong or the drivers were not the correct ones everything would be completely fixed and sent back to me.

Then said they would appreciate any information I had on the thief and actually thanked me for contacting them...

This is the first time I have ever experienced such amazing customer service. When we spoke on the phone not only were they kind, but they actually conferenced in every person I had talked to along to make sure nothing was unclear.

I am almost at a loss for words for how impressed I am that a company with such an amazing product can also be so incredibly kind and helpful even in the worst circumstances.

I am resoundingly grateful to everyone who helped me from Audeze and cannot wait for my headphones to return!

Just thought you'd all like to hear what an incredibly company Audeze truly is.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 18
I love how o many companies in this industry have excellent customer service. Companies who value service like that go far, no question about it. Combine the first-rate service with the first-rate product and what more is there to do?

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:
I love how o many companies in this industry have excellent customer service. Companies who value service like that go far, no question about it. Combine the first-rate service with the first-rate product and what more is there to do?

I couldn't agree more. It still makes me happy after dealing with so many cut rate companies to see that the audio industry is still top notch.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 18
very impressive, thanks for sharing.

any company that is paying attention in this day and age should know that this is how you behave if you want to truly earn your customers trust, and attract new ones. 
Stories like this are so easily shared, and could literally make or break a company at times.
Imagine if this had gone the other way, and they had told you you were out of luck, or worse... you most likely would have posted your story just the same, and this thread would begin to fill up with letters of contempt and anger with their company along with other related horror stories.

Way to show the rest of them how its done Audeze! 

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 18
Great story! Well, at least it turned that way anyway. I have my own LCD3 on order right now and this type of customer service story gives me piece of mind. Great job Audeze!

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 18
That is an impressive story.  Makes me feel pretty good that I own a set of LCD-2s.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 18
I'm happy that your outcome was so agreeable. Such experiences have become more and more rare, and I agree that the headphone community seems to be pretty blessed in this respect. We have an unusually high percentage of great vendors servicing our needs and wants.

This kind of reaction should be a lesson to companies with, um, "lesser" customer service policies. The way in which Audeze handled this situation cost them next to nothing in the long run and gained them one loyal follower and an unsolicited group hug in a forum frequented by many potential buyers. The old cliché is true - you can't buy word of mouth.

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
I recently had a mishap when purchasing a pair of used Audeze headphones from CL.

I purchased a pair of Audeze LCD-3 headphones and shortly after I began to notice something strange about the headphones.
After some further inspection I was sure something was wrong, so I posted a picture on here to see if anyone else had a similar headphone.

Soon after Audeze contacted me through the forum concerned that the pair I had bought, were a pair of headphones recently stolen from one of their staff.
I quickly had the headphones sent in, and Audeze kept in contact the whole way through.
The headphones were sent out and arrived Audeze today, and I call Audeze to see what my options were. Fully convinced I had bought a stolen pair of headphones and thus lost my money

Audeze was absolutely AMAZING, they assured me I had nothing to worry about.
They told me they would take the headphones apart to verify the drivers and make sure everything was in like new condition, and that if anything was wrong or the drivers were not the correct ones everything would be completely fixed and sent back to me.

Then said they would appreciate any information I had on the thief and actually thanked me for contacting them...

This is the first time I have ever experienced such amazing customer service. When we spoke on the phone not only were they kind, but they actually conferenced in every person I had talked to along to make sure nothing was unclear.

I am almost at a loss for words for how impressed I am that a company with such an amazing product can also be so incredibly kind and helpful even in the worst circumstances.

I am resoundingly grateful to everyone who helped me from Audeze and cannot wait for my headphones to return!

Just thought you'd all like to hear what an incredibly company Audeze truly is.

Thats awesome.

There are some really great people (companies ) that I have experienced in this hobby, Jason at Schiit, Drew at Moon Audio and Dan (Mr. Speakers) are a few that come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back