Audeze EL-8vs Sennheiser HD 630VB vs HD650 ? ( for all type of music home usage )
Jul 6, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 25
  do you mind if i ask question , Where are you living ? which country ?

e dadash location et ro nadide budam :D tehran hastam
man az shoma age yadetun bashe ye Samsung 950 512gb ham gereftam 3 mah pish

If you desire satisfying vocals, then the HD650 is the easy choice. Even if you just wanted the "best" headphone out of all the ones mentioned, the HD650 is an easy choice. The EL-8 Open is a nice and natural sounding headphone, but is a rather love it or hate it affair. The HD650 is one of the greatest headphones of all time for a reason.

what about HD700 , is it better than the HD650 ? because its available too 

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #19 of 25
  HD700 has a totally different sound signature compared to HD650.
HD650: dark, bassy, easy-going
HD700: bright, analytical

but you think its gonna be a good upgrade considering i already have a denon d2000 ?
i did some search but it turns out d2000 is better with trance and electronic music at least based on what people said

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #20 of 25
The Sennheiser models mentioned may give you a bit more detail and refinement compared with the D2000, but you might find them to sound a little dull, and you would want to get a fairly good amplifier for those to sound their best.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #21 of 25
  what about HD700 , is it better than the HD650 ? because its available too 

The HD700 is AWFUL. Thin sounding, harsh, sibilant. It is honestly a mess of a headphone. The HD600 and HD650 are way better. 

Regarding the Denon D2000, it was one of the first hi-fi headphones I ever purchased. That said, it has been a looong time since I heard a pair. I think most people would consider a well-amped HD650 an upgrade. 

Edit: Please know that if you buy one of the Sennheisers you need a decent amp.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 25
  what amp do you suggest ? is FiiO e10 enough ?

The E10 should be decent enough to get by, but the HD650 scales really well, so you will find improvement with a better DAC and Amp.

Just to be clear about one more thing. If you were not restricted to JUST the headphones listed, if I were you, I would look into the Fostex TH-X00 or the E-MU Teak.

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #24 of 25

Just to be clear about one more thing. If you were not restricted to JUST the headphones listed, if I were you, I would look into the Fostex TH-X00 or the E-MU Teak.

I take that back actually. I just read an impression of someone who owns the D2000 and the TH-X00 and they say they sound exactly the same haha. All I know is when I listened to the TH-900 that it did not sound anything like how I remember my D2000.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #25 of 25

The HD700 is AWFUL. Thin sounding, harsh, sibilant. It is honestly a mess of a headphone. The HD600 and HD650 are way better. 

Regarding the Denon D2000, it was one of the first hi-fi headphones I ever purchased. That said, it has been a looong time since I heard a pair. I think most people would consider a well-amped HD650 an upgrade. 

Edit: Please know that if you buy one of the Sennheisers you need a decent amp.

man ! you just destroyed hd700 , i totally disagree , i dont know what equipment you have and tested , but right now i have HD650 , HD700 and even HD800S , after 200 hours hd700 sound totally diffrent than first day of course with good equipment becouse completly depend to your gear , i perefer hd700 over hd800 , and compare to hd800s i can say both headphone is same signature but on all aspect hd800s is superior , hd700 is amazing neutral bright sounding headphones , with enought amount of bass  but after burn in high frq is much smoother still has 5.5kHz peak and 11kHz peak , but with good amp and dac you get amazing sound , 

for ex : i tried hd700 with Schiit Modi + Schiit Magni 2 Uber is combine is very bright sound everything is on flat frequency and sometimes harsh in high frq , but many pepole like neutral flat sound not bad at all but just there is no room for enjoyment

Modi + Schiit Lyr 2 is completly diffrent story, still bright but controlled and impact on bass much more than before ( Depeche Mode - Lovetheme : low freq is spectacular )  , more air , highs very smoother and mids is just fantastic and i can say for sure after good burn in time there is no harshness or maybe some track little distortion on high volume , conclusion after good burn in time more than 200 hours hd700 much better than first day ( with nice rig )

these two is whole diffrent experience with same dac and headphone

if you decided to bought sennheiser or planar magnetic headphones or any other headphone on that list , don't even think to try with e10 because you will regret , my suggestion is get the nice amp dac and after that buy new pair of headphones

i never owned or test denon d2000 , but Fostex TH-X00 is very nice headphone and there is lot of enjoyment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back