Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 21, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #1,787 of 6,486
 I think you have to buy Audeze from dealers in the country you live in.

Otherwise you end up buying "grey import" goods and I don't think you get a warranty on those.

I can confirm you are absolutely right. The manufacturer or distributor won't honor the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized dealer in your country. Many people make the mistake. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,789 of 6,486

No they don't, that's not what it meant. It meant you end up buying "illegal" (I know it's really the wrong word but I cannot find the right one) imported headphones with no warranty.

I think he meant it as a joke.

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #1,791 of 6,486

I can confirm you are absolutely right. The manufacturer or distributor won't honor the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized dealer in your country. Many people make the mistake. 

That may be true in some countries but in the EU and other places there is a statutory warranty regardless of point of purchase, enforced on the seller, so there is still a warranty.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,793 of 6,486

Of course you are correct Jean, they will ask for a copy of the original bill of sale to send in with the headphones for repair, if you dont have one you are sol

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,794 of 6,486
Of course you are correct Jean, they will ask for a copy of the original bill of sale to send in with the headphones for repair, if you dont have one you are sol

If someone comes to my website and buy from outside of Canada I'll have a really hard time fighting with the distributor who sold me the gear to get it through the RMA process if anything bad happens with the item. Here in Canada distributors don't honor the warranty for buyers outside the country... It really sucks actually. But me and my partner decided to honor the warranty to any customer from outside Canada even though.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,795 of 6,486
I think it's up to the buyer to check whether their warranty is valid if buying from outside their country ie buyer beware I guess?

Unless a product simply isn't available within their country or a significant saving can be made, I don't see the point of grey import goods really.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,798 of 6,486
Wrong thread?:wink:

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,799 of 6,486
man....i refresh this site all day and nothing, no new posts. i walk away for an hour and suddenly 10 new posts ._. . 

However so i don't get side-tracked here, i thought of another question. Is Audeze planning to target the consumer marker with these headphones soon? kinda like seinhesser did? i know its 700 bucks and all but its kinda like what seinheisser did. 650's 598 momemtuns now urbanite and now the new momentums and urbanite xl.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,800 of 6,486
I doubt the "consumer" market would ever be able to afford the EL8s. Only people who are audio enthusiasts or have a good chunk of money to play with will ever spend $700 on a pair of headphones. $400 Beats is one thing; it's like saving up for a pair of Jordans to some people, a status symbol they take pride in. Like someone who does blue collar type work saving up for an entry-level luxury sedan. Audeze making the EL-8 is more like Maserati making the Ghibli: it's below their normal price range, but really still targeting the niche luxury market, either for people who want good sound and can easily afford it, or are really into audio enough to make a pair of headphones a major purchase.

I think the real market for the EL8 is enthusiasts/audiophiles that want a headphone that's more viable for highly proficient portable rigs, a headphone that's good enough to use with their home rig, but is still durable enough, and not too unwieldy, to take with them places and use with smaller mid-to-summit quality portable rigs.

Quote:
  man....i refresh this site all day and nothing, no new posts. i walk away for an hour and suddenly 10 new posts ._. . 

However so i don't get side-tracked here, i thought of another question. Is Audeze planning to target the consumer marker with these headphones soon? kinda like seinhesser did? i know its 700 bucks and all but its kinda like what seinheisser did. 650's 598 momemtuns now urbanite and now the new momentums and urbanite xl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back