Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #4,217 of 6,486
  Great deal!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761221/audeze-el-8-open-back-planar-magnetic-headphones-new

I was too hasty and contacted that seller about his EL-8 yesterday. (Not sure why he closed the first thread and started a new one for the same headphone.) I didn't realize that he just recently owned an HD 700, so he wasn't interested in my trade offer. XD But if I manage to sell my HD 700 instead of trade it for something else, I would just need another hundred bucks or so to get that EL-8! Me and my wishful thinking...

I look forward to your EL-8 impressions, by the way, especially with metal.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4,218 of 6,486

I was too hasty and contacted that seller about his EL-8 yesterday. (Not sure why he closed the first thread and started a new one for the same headphone.) I didn't realize that he just recently owned an HD 700, so he wasn't interested in my trade offer. XD But if I manage to sell my HD 700 instead of trade it for something else, I would just need another hundred bucks or so to get that EL-8! Me and my wishful thinking...

I look forward to your EL-8 impressions, by the way, especially with metal.

I just check my tracking number and I don't think that I will receive them before the weekend.  
mad.gif

Yes you can count on me, the first album that I will try with the EL-8 is Ghost Reveries. (Opeth.) 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #4,219 of 6,486
  I just check my tracking number and I don't think that I will receive them before the weekend.  
mad.gif

Yes you can count on me, the first album that I will try with the EL-8 is Ghost Reveries. (Opeth.) 
evil_smiley.gif

That's my favorite Opeth album!

Be sure to post in the headphones for metal thread as well, preferably with all the subgenres you can.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #4,223 of 6,486
  Maybe you should start your own thread where you request headphone comparisons.  Asking for them over and over in a vast number of threads is tiresome.

Fair enough. I actually have a thread like that planned, with some people already interested in comparing various mid-range to high-end headphones with my recommended tracks. But people request comparisons all the time in random threads. It's not just me.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #4,224 of 6,486

Fair enough. I actually have a thread like that planned, with some people already interested in comparing various mid-range to high-end headphones with my recommended tracks. But people request comparisons all the time in random threads. It's not just me.

No, but a quick search has you using the word compare in 603 posts.  And I don't recall anyone else refusing to listen to headphones as part of the comparison process.

It's gotten old and clearly I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #4,227 of 6,486
  Its very hard to justify the LCD series when the massive weight and weight distribution characteristics makes my head sore under an hour, regardless of how good they sound. The EL8 fixes these problems and offers better performance off portables - whats there not to like? If you intend to use them permanently attached to an amp then there are other many many other options available to you. Cans that sound great right out of an iPhone are rare.

Being able to drive cans off portable devices is a massive win in my book too, ($300 AMP + $300 headphones) vs easily driven $600 headphones? 

Agree +1

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #4,228 of 6,486
  No, but a quick search has you using the word compare in 603 posts.  And I don't recall anyone else refusing to listen to headphones as part of the comparison process.

I like how you got your custom title because of me, albeit indirectly.
cool.gif

Your search technique only means that the word "compare" showed up on a page I posted on.

Refusing to listen? What are you talking about? All these headphones are expensive! I can't just buy them all and compare them so easily.

I rely on online information to guide my purchasing decisions. If you don't like that, it's not my problem.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #4,229 of 6,486

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back