Audeze Black Friday Sale - Starts 8am PST Nov 25
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #18 of 29
screenshot-www.audeze.com-2022.11.25-18_11_32.png

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #20 of 29
Very frustrating...the countdown ran out and the redirect didn't work. I eventually sent the link to a device where I hadn't opened it where it wasn't cached and in those 5 mins the LCD-4 I wanted was already gone. Audeze has got to get their web dev in order
Same here, but for the LCD-2 Closed. No complaints if someone got there faster, but no chance when the link wouldn't work.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #22 of 29
I was going for the lcd-4 as well. Sale page had a 404 for a full 10 minutes after the hour. Not a great customer experience

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #23 of 29
Same here, I was hoping that they would have the lcd 4… but none sadly.

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #24 of 29
I was actually sitting on the page the second the sale went live - button worked for me, I tapped it a few seconds after live-time -- and LCD-4 were already gone :D No doubt some smart person scripted it and had that puppy carted before any human could do it manually.

I wasn't going for it anyway so I wasn't bummed but it was interesting to note.

Nov 25, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #25 of 29
Not the first time their marketing has made a mistake... It's been fascinating to watch how each of the vendors has performed in marketing or lack thereof. Some have run campaigns that have not worked, and some posted ads here, and only when going to the actual page you'd realize how good the deal was. DCA ran a b-stock sale with free upgrade cables; not sure if it was a mistake, but cables cost extra now. That was an extra $200-$250 off - only something you saw if you when there to add it to the shopping basket. I found some other interesting things too.

Nov 25, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #26 of 29
Not the first time their marketing has made a mistake... It's been fascinating to watch how each of the vendors has performed in marketing or lack thereof. Some have run campaigns that have not worked, and some posted ads here, and only when going to the actual page you'd realize how good the deal was. DCA ran a b-stock sale with free upgrade cables; not sure if it was a mistake, but cables cost extra now. That was an extra $200-$250 off - only something you saw if you when there to add it to the shopping basket. I found some other interesting things too.
Biggest disappointment to me was HeadAmp listing the Focal Clear MG for $999.00 on it BF deal page, but when you clicked that link it took you to the standard $1199 discount price everyone else had. When called on it they claimed it was an open box deal already gone. Clearly somebody erred on the BF discount page price, which they couldn't or wouldn't honor. In the larger scheme of things it was no huge loss, but it felt like a bait and switch waste of time. The difference of $200 saving vs a $400 saving would have been enough to tip the scales for me, and I would have bought it. Oh, well... Maybe next year.

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #28 of 29
The LCD 2-Classic in this sale, is it the latest 2022 revision? And does it include travel case?
There is no "2022" revision. The LCD-2 Classic has remained essentially the same since 2016. The only change anywhere remotely recently was the universal change to newer, improved pads in late 2020. Universal as in ALL our LCD headphones were changed to newer pads.

We periodically refresh any older items we may have to ensure they are up to date. The chances that an LCD-2 Classic B-stock was pre-2020 and/or not upgraded to have the newer pads is essentially zero.

As of right now, all LCDs should have cases.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 28, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #29 of 29
There is no "2022" revision. The LCD-2 Classic has remained essentially the same since 2016. The only change anywhere remotely recently was the universal change to newer, improved pads in late 2020. Universal as in ALL our LCD headphones were changed to newer pads.

We periodically refresh any older items we may have to ensure they are up to date. The chances that an LCD-2 Classic B-stock was pre-2020 and/or not upgraded to have the newer pads is essentially zero.

As of right now, all LCDs should have cases.
Those pads DO make a noticeable, audible difference in sound at least on the LCD-2 Closed Back (can't say for the classic as the only 2 Classic I have I bought earlier this year from Audeze and I'm sure it has the newer pads).

I have had the old LCD-2 Closed Back with the old pads and the white Audeze "A" on the cup for a while and it definitely sounds different (not massively, but noticeably) than the new LCD-2 Closed Back with the new pads and new marble cups that I just bought from your excellent B-stock sale. This was evident A/Bing them directly.

Pads matter! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back