Attn: UE's POOR Customer Service after change ownership
Jan 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

s2k

Head-Fier
I bought a pair of UE-11s last year and recently they got some slight problems.
the plug was a little loose so the left earpiece is easy to fall. there was 3 times when I grab the headphone, one side earpiece was not there, I was lucky enough to find it all 3 times - once in bag, once in pocket, once under my bed.

So I emailed UE's customer support email on their website and asked for suggestions - no replies.

I was a little surprised as they used to respond very fast (at least last year when I purchase the UE-11s).

So after a few days I resent the email again - no replies after a week.

So I guess maybe my @msn.com email address was filtered to spam or something, so I used another gmail address and forwarded the email to ALL the email addresses they posted on their website.

Guess what? NO REPLIES

It's been almost a month already.

The above is my personal experience for how they treat their customer paid $1200 for a pair of their earphones.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 21
I emailed them also about 10 days ago asking them some questions about my UE5c's that don't seem to fit anymore. I also asked them some questions about visiting them (they are local) to look at some of their other products. I never got a reply -- not even a "we'll get back to you." I ended up buying the Senn IE8. They lost a customer, at least this time around.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 21
Like mentioned earlier....try calling. They could be having e-mail issues as I also e-mailed them twice this week and got no responses. I've e-mailed them in the past and I've usually always had quick responses before. People shouldn't be quick to write off a company's consumer relations due to an e-mail experience. Even in this e-mail dominated communication era, the phone is and will always be the most reliable and fastest form of communication.

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 21
I have to advise the calling method as well. My work's e-mail servers get funny sometimes, but our phones are usually reliable.

However, if they're not picking up the phone (during business hours), that's when you should get pissed.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like mentioned earlier....try calling.

If a company of that size can't make their email function effectively, they've got problems. I've had a small business for fifteen years, and from time to time we've had email problems, but we always manage to capture any delayed messages, and this is pretty easy to do. And so maybe you respond a day or two late, but at least you respond. The problems they are having seem to be too frequent to be the result of an email glitch -- or else it's a glitch or staffing issue they don't care enough about to fix. I'm not saying calling isn't a good idea if you really need to get in touch with them, but the times I was available to call them, they were not open, so email was my only option. And if a business in this day and age needs to be reached by telephone in order to communicate, they are going to miss some potential customers.

Frankly, I've always thought highly of UE, and their customer service when I dealt with them a few years ago was great -- and maybe this is just an unfortunate occurrence -- but my guess is that they need to get their act together.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 21
I sent them an email about getting more wax loops and have yet to receive an email. Guess it has been 2 weeks. I will call in a few days and see if I can order some. I hate it when the metal part of the wax loop falls off. I love my customs and would but them again no questioned asked and I love Logitech proucts, but I did get much better customer service before Logitech bought UE.

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #9 of 21
I sent in a pair of Triple.fis for repair, Its been almost a month, but I don't blame them (Holiday season).

Tarah Draper was extremely helpful throughout the whole time.

I would not blame their customer support line too much, they seem to be overwhelmed by all the emails/calls since the holidays.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #10 of 21
I've found their CS lacking as well - when my TF10s broke after two weeks (soundtube detached from IEM body), they wouldn't cross-ship a new pair nor pay for my shipping to them, which are two things that I would expect for a $400 CAD pair of IEMs.

I did not know UE before Logitech, but I did know Logitech, and this is typical CS from them (and most computer companies) - ignore the customer until they go away.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by oogabooga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found their CS lacking as well - when my TF10s broke after two weeks (soundtube detached from IEM body), they wouldn't cross-ship a new pair nor pay for my shipping to them, which are two things that I would expect for a $400 CAD pair of IEMs.

I did not know UE before Logitech, but I did know Logitech, and this is typical CS from them (and most computer companies) - ignore the customer until they go away.

I have never had bad customer service from Logitech in the past. They have always answered as soon as I called and done a rma on the spot. Paid for my shipping and shipped first. I have had several sets of speakers replaced, some mice, and a few webcams.

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #12 of 21
Could this have something to do with a large backlog of email over the holiday period?

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #14 of 21
im not influencing anybodies suggestions and you dont have to take my experience as a finale...but i once emailed UE asking a few questions about the triple fi 10 and i never ever got a reply, havnt dealt with them since. and this was before the takeover, take that how you will...i wasnt impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back