Attn: Maxxed Portaphile V2^2 owners
Apr 11, 2006 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ryanhayn

100+ Head-Fier
do you guys use all of the class a biasing switches and/or wide-bandwidth mode? www.portaphile.com says that i should experiment with GND Class A Off:L&R Class A ON, and GND Class A ON:L&R Class OFF. i've tried all different combinations of biasing and wide-bandwidth, but i can't hear a difference.....so i just left them all on to make sure i get the best sound.

what battery life do you guys get with your configurations?

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 5
I got terrible battery life with all switches on. I can't comment to much more as I sent mine back for repair but will hope to see others comment.

I did briefly turn off wide bandwidth and battery life was better and the sound seemed very good.

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Unless using at home with quiet listening environment and a high quality CD Source, I recommend just using the Class A biasing on, and Wide bandwith off.

Widebandwith will chew out batteries (new alkaline energizers in 5 hours) rechargeable 200mah in about 1-2 hours...Only really recommended when wall powered.

Wide bandwidth isnt really detectable with a portable source IMO.

But it does allow the amp to scale nicely when powered by wall power and mated to a nice source as a home amp.

recommend Class A on all channels..

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 5
I use A biasing/wide bandwidth - but it is always plugged into Elpac and used with a computer. Couldn't be happier with it in that context. Never intended to use it portably per se. Use a Xin Supermini for Nano, and Mpio - usually with Senn.HD25-13.

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Wide bandwidth will kill batteries. Other settings, not so much. I use it at home with an Elpac, so I have everything on. When I used batteries a few times with it all on, they died extremely fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back