ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 6, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #7,666 of 9,716
Search the Amps for Sale forum, someone is selling a Euforia for a very good price

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #7,667 of 9,716
coming from an hd 650 and lcd2 classics, both of which i love, and that i never owned a closed back, should i get the eikon, or auteur iyo if i want and upgrade to the lcd2c classics?

what would the eikon or auteur offer me that i dont have already? and would you consider either one as an upgrade from the lcd2 classics?

would the closed back eikon be better due to closed back bass for edm type music like above and beyond like i have seen many say?

i use my headphones as my primary and only audio source, so for all sorts of music but mostly edm like the group above and beyond, and all other media like movies and anime, and a ton of video games, as video games is my main hobby

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #7,668 of 9,716
@angelus55, if you want a closed back, that would be Eikon at that price point. I have owned LCD2 (which are open) both pre and post fazor, as well as LCD2 closed headphones. IMO Eikon is better on every level, if you want a closed back. Auteur is open, and if you want open headphones, they are lovely at that price. People love the ZMF-sound and they are also beautiful.

I mostly listen to electronic music and the subbass on the Eikon is excellent. I think it is a great pair style-wise.

Here is a pic of Eikon, visiting home, away from the office where he is usually stationed.

eikon.jpg

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #7,669 of 9,716
Hey fellow ZMF fans! I am happy to have joined the Atticus club, and just took delivery of some Cocobolo beauties. The Atticus is the perfect close backed companion to my Aeolus, and I am already loving them. Thanks to you know who, for selling them to me.:wink:

Check out this stunning grain!

20200417_150222.jpg

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #7,670 of 9,716
Hey fellow ZMF fans! I am happy to have joined the Atticus club, and just took delivery of some Cocobolo beauties. The Atticus is the perfect close backed companion to my Aeolus, and I am already loving them. Thanks to you know who, for selling them to me.:wink:

Check out this stunning grain!

20200417_150222.jpg

Wow - that's a beautiful headphone!

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #7,671 of 9,716
@Wes S That one is a stunner

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #7,672 of 9,716
congrats Wes!

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #7,673 of 9,716
Thanks fellas! I am absolutely loving them, and they sound as good as they look. :o2smile:

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #7,678 of 9,716
Hey has anyone heard the atticus out of the thx789 how is the sound quality?

Sounds great! It's a nice pairing as it doesn't create the kind of mid-bass bloat and bleed that a less controlled or more colored amp can. There is still some there, that's just the nature of the headphone's FR, but the THX does help improve the speed, clarity, and intrument separation of Atticus. So it has a nice lush, warm tone to it, but without sounding muffled or woolly.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #7,680 of 9,716
So, I have had some quality listening sessions with my new to me Atticus, and I have to say that the mids are perfection. I absolutely love this headphone, and it just might be my new number 1. I actually think I like the Atticus more than my Aeolus and Ori, and that is one statement I thought I would never make. There is just this magical euphoric texture and clarity in the mids that immediately sucks me in, and then you have the impact from the midbass and it is pure perfection for my ears. I listen to a lot of acoustic stuff with guitars and banjos, and the Atticus mids are so perfect for this kind of music, that I really can't imagine it sounding any better. The realistic and natural timbre of this headphone is very impressive. Also, they sound incredible with my Bottlehead Crack Speedball, and especially with my latest tube roll. I am running a Bendix 6080WB Slotted Plate, and a Siemens ECC82 Chrome Plate, and this combo is stunning with the Atticus.

Happy Listening my fellow ZMF heads!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back