ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jun 1, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #3,736 of 9,716
@cute

Criticism is definitely welcome, but keep in mind the manner in which you go about it.

As such, I had to delete posts where others have not taken politely to your choice of words.

Professionalism goes a long way!
Happy listening :)

Jun 1, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,737 of 9,716
My mama always told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.

I don't really listen to her advice, but when I do say something that isn't nice, I try to be nice about it.

Let's all take a step back and remember we are on a headphone website designed to share impressions and experiences with audio products. There's no reason to get all butt-hurt about stuff, and fling poop into people's yards.

@cute

If you have a negative experience, don't insult Zach and take shots at his craftsmanship. I've seen a bunch of his work first hand and it's legendary. I guarantee you could have sent him a message about your wood grain issues and something would have been worked out. Or better yet, you should have bought a new pair and had the quality customer service that goes along with it.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #3,738 of 9,716
I bought my Eikon used. My only complaint being the headband — which Zach and others provided details on how to better adjust them as needed. No further complaints.

I've expressed my disappointment and/or frustration with the long waits for new orders, but that's the case for everyone. I don't use massdrop for the same reason anymore. I'm simply no longer that patient. Lol.

I don't love all of Zach's policies myself —such as the very harsh cancellation or return fee, but I completely understand why they're in place. That's the cost of doing business. His repair costs, especially for out of warranty products, seems more than reasonable.

I understand both sides and without naming names… there's no need to lash out. Constructive criticism is one thing — spewing some politician-esque bs rant isn't helping in any way, shape or form. Either way, what's happened has happened. Learn to live with your decision and move forward.

Meanwhile… I'm still more than pleased with my Eikon, using it regularly.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #3,740 of 9,716
I'm confused... was there something wrong with the headphones or is cute just dissatified with the wood grain? Seems a bit over the top to complain about warranty service on a used item for a "problem" that isn't even covered under warranty to begin with. Did cute even post anything about the sound or just look at it and then try to sell it? I am so confused...

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,741 of 9,716
Yay, just received my A&E. But I think Zach made a minor mistake when rushing the backlog - when ordered both A&E in Padauk, wasn't it mentioned earlier that the gimbals would be black and silver, mine are both in silver

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,742 of 9,716
Yay, just received my A&E. But I think Zach made a minor mistake when rushing the backlog - when ordered both A&E in Padauk, wasn't it mentioned earlier that the gimbals would be black and silver, mine are both in silver

Oh - we stopped doing that as it was slowing up production trying to figure out who's headphone was who's. Things become a lot harder that way when we're making batches of 20. Send me a PM though if you like and I can get you another headband you can install yourself.

If anyone does want Black Aluminum parts on their Padauk headphones, shoot me an email through the site, it's really no problem as long as we know ahead of time.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 2, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,743 of 9,716
Thanks, good to know! Is that listed somewhere on the ZMF web page, I missed that? I was a fool twice, and have a used pair of Atticus Padauk arriving tomorrow! For some of us that are disabled, and living on a fixed income, used is the only way to be able to purchase expensive headphones. Guys like @grizzlybeast had me salivating for a while. Gotta quit reading reviews here!
You didn't have money for a new eikon but you could afford both used?

Well done on the deal but this is why I bought it new so I have peace of mind

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #3,746 of 9,716
Anyone had a go at the Atticus with a Vali 2?

I have not tried it with the Vali 2, but I can absolutely recommend the Garage1217 Project Solstice as a killer budget solution for Atticus.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3,747 of 9,716
By Vali 2 I assume you mean Valhalla 2? If so, I really like the combo. Enough that I decided to upgrade to a Decware Taboo to experience a better tube amp. The Atticus seems to really respond well to tubes. The Vali 2 thinned out the midrange a bit which can help on some material. Great combination for the money! Mine will be going on the classifieds soon - if you want to do an end around PM me.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3,748 of 9,716
Hi Zach

So just to clarify, either eikon or atticus ordered in cherry will come with black aluminum parts?

Thanks

Oh - we stopped doing that as it was slowing up production trying to figure out who's headphone was who's. Things become a lot harder that way when we're making batches of 20. Send me a PM though if you like and I can get you another headband you can install yourself.

If anyone does want Black Aluminum parts on their Padauk headphones, shoot me an email through the site, it's really no problem as long as we know ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back