ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Feb 22, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #2,297 of 9,716
They're home in all of their blazing beauty!
smily_headphones1.gif

They look great.

Do you get your choice of the color of the gimbals that you want ?

I see you have a black set and a silver set

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,299 of 9,716
I have my Ori plugged in the 1/4" jack of the Milo, so I decided which ever headphone had the 4 pin cable (the other is 1/4"), I would burn it in first along side the Ori. Oh my gosh!!! The Atticus is the one that won the drawing and it sounds fabulous!!! Move over Ori, there is a new bully in town that will take you to the cleaners! The Ori does have a definite place in the rotation.

The Atticus is perfect for rock-n-roll in my opinion, but I have not heard the Eikon yet.

Anyone deciding can probably get either one and they would sound great.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #2,300 of 9,716
They look great.

No that is the color scheme that ZMF assigned to the Eikon and Atticus. All Eikon and Atticus headphones will have the same color gimbals as mine, unless ZMF allows customization later.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,301 of 9,716
Very nice! waiting for mine as well... going to a painful wait

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #2,302 of 9,716
  Very nice! waiting for mine as well... going to a painful wait

What did you order ?

After I get the rest of my money saved for the amp from Glenn, I will start saving for my Atticus.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,303 of 9,716
I ordered Atticus and Eikon, both in Cherry varnish.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #2,304 of 9,716
Listening to the Eikon now and it is also great. A very good complementing pair. The Atticus is darker between the two, but the Eikon is not too bright and goes a little deeper on the low end than the Atticus. Definitely different flavors for different moods. They are completely different in their presentation.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #2,305 of 9,716
They look great.

Quote:
No that is the color scheme that ZMF assigned to the Eikon and Atticus. All Eikon and Atticus headphones will have the same color gimbals as mine, unless ZMF allows customization later.

Zach would need to weigh in to officially confirm, but originally, for the color of the gimbals, I believe that he was going to use charcoal for the Eikon and black for the Atticus.  He then decided that black looked better to him with cherry overall so:

Paudauk=charcoal gimbals

Cherry=black gimbals

Nevertheless, if you would get one of each in Padauk, the Atticus will come with black gimbals to better differentiate between the two.  I would assume that two pairs of cherry would both have black gimbals.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #2,306 of 9,716

Zach would need to weigh in to officially confirm, but originally, for the color of the gimbals, I believe that he was going to use charcoal for the Eikon and black for the Atticus.  He then decided that black looked better to him with cherry overall so:

Paudauk=charcoal gimbals and Cherry=black gimbals

Nevertheless, you would get one of each if you ordered both sets in the same wood to better differentiate between the two.

I talked to Zach about this because I was confused too.  It's black for cherry and silver gimbals for the padauk.  Model doesn't matter.  The only exception is if you buy both models in Padauk, then one is black to make it look different.  I guess silver on Cherry looks weird (which I can imagine being the case I think)

Edit:  I misread your post when typing, you are completely right.  Although I'm not sure if you ordered both in Cherry you would get a silver/cherry

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #2,307 of 9,716

Paudauk=charcoal gimbals and Cherry=black gimbals

Nevertheless, you would get one of each if you ordered both sets in the same wood to better differentiate between the two.

I talked to Zach about this because I was confused too.  It's black for cherry and silver gimbals for the padauk.  Model doesn't matter.  The only exception is if you buy both models in Padauk, then one is black to make it look different.  I guess silver on Cherry looks weird (which I can imagine being the case I think)

Edit:  I misread your post, you are completely right.  Although I'm not sure if you ordered both in Cherry you would get a silver/cherry

Thank you

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2,308 of 9,716
Listening to the Eikon now and it is also great. A very good complementing pair. The Atticus is darker between the two, but the Eikon is not too bright and goes a little deeper on the low end than the Atticus. Definitely different flavors for different moods. They are completely different in their presentation.

Sometimes I wonder if I might enjoy the Atticus more. Maybe I should have gone for the pre-order combo.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #2,309 of 9,716

Edit:  I misread your post when typing, you are completely right.  Although I'm not sure if you ordered both in Cherry you would get a silver/cherry

Thanks @PoochZag, I think you're correct.  Based upon the pictures a few pages back, I would not expect to see a silver/cherry configuration.  I will edit my previous post to avoid confusion.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,310 of 9,716
I decided not to burn in the Atticus alongside the Ori. The Atticus is much more efficient, so it is at a louder volume than I want when the Ori is at the right volume I want. I will wait until the Ori is burned in and then do the Atticus and Eikon at the same time since they are a similar efficiency.

You might wonder why I am burning in the Ori now since I have had it since mid December. I only had a battery powered DAP and did not want to burn the Ori in with it when I knew I was going to buy an amp very soon that would also need burned in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back