ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jun 25, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #7,756 of 9,719
Camphor burl stained purple. I wanted purple after I saw Darthpool's & Torq's purple Verite Closed, then learned Metal571 had purple Atticus, so didn't want them to be the exact same as those. 469grams with Magnesium chassis was the very light Atticus I was hoping for. It's actually a gram under my Aeolus and only 14 more than my Verite Open. Got a purple cord too. The Atticus is my first ZMF love and I've bought 6 other used or new ZMFs in the past 8 months since my first Atticus. Even without burn in it sounds great!

IMG_2782.jpg
Dang! Those look killer!

Jun 25, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #7,757 of 9,719
The other day I was looking at pics of ZMF headphones online, and I came across my actual pair of Atticus, and thought it was worth posting in this thread. I bought this pair second hand from an awesome forum member, and believe he bought this one from the first ever limited edition Cocobolo run.

I never get tired of looking at ZMF headphones and I wanted to share this pic. I can't take credit for it, however I do own this exact pair, and could not be happier. Happy Listening fellow Atticus owners! :o2smile:

IMG_6867.jpg

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #7,758 of 9,719
The other day I was looking at pics of ZMF headphones online, and I came across my actual pair of Atticus, and thought it was worth posting in this thread. I bought this pair second hand from an awesome forum member, and believe he bought this one from the first ever limited edition Cocobolo run.

I never get tired of looking at ZMF headphones and I wanted to share this pic. I can't take credit for it, however I do own this exact pair, and could not be happier. Happy Listening fellow Atticus owners! :o2smile:

IMG_6867.jpg
Those look amazing, especially the grain! Cocobolo is my favorite wood, I regret not spending more at the time to get my Atticus in cocobolo.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #7,759 of 9,719

IMG_6867.jpg
These were indeed bought from the first cocobolo run

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #7,760 of 9,719
These were indeed bought from the first cocobolo run
I had a feeling they were, and thanks for confirming. I am loving them man! I have spent just as much time looking and admiring them, as I have listening with them.

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #7,761 of 9,719
Any thoughts on what wood type this is? I was told they were Manchurian Ash, but the ash pics I've seen look nothing like mine, and mine look very much like other pics in the thread that were Zebrawood. Was Zebrawood a LTD option at one point? My used pair didn't come with the owner card with the wood info. However, my Auteur Zebrawood looked nothing like this or the other Atticus Zebrawoods I've seen on the thread. Basically want to know because these are being sold soon as I got another custom Atticus pair.

IMG_6867.jpg
*Drools* Lovely looking headphones these two. Not sure which I like best, but absolutely gorgeous. :open_mouth:

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #7,762 of 9,719
I had a feeling they were, and thanks for confirming. I am loving them man! I have spent just as much time looking and admiring them, as I have listening with them.

I hear you, they are a beautiful headphone, very stunning and the sound is so sweet.
I had a tough time selling them and I am glad they went to someone who is enjoying them so much. :)

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #7,763 of 9,719
I have a question for you, as I've found no satisfactory answer. What are BE-2 pads? I just saw them mentioned on ZMF page, tried to google the crap out of it, but there were no precise information as what are they exactly? On the ZMF page, they are listed under Verite pads, but from the description they are shown as something between Verite and Universe pads. Hope you can explain it to a newbie :D

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #7,764 of 9,719
Is there a cable that makes atticus a bit brighter espsecially in the treble region, maybe silver?

I am using suede pads, don't want leather ones.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #7,765 of 9,719
Im thinking of buying the atticus and a chord Hugo 2 as my end have desktop home working black/death metal and electronic set up. Hope it worries out!

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #7,767 of 9,719
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #7,769 of 9,719
So, the postman was here today... and lo and behold, he brought two little things with him! One from the other side of the world (Australia) and one from our neighboring country (Germany), but of course originally from the USA.

What can I say? Feels like Christmas and just a little bit excited! :blush:

But see for yourself!:relaxed:

Give me a few more days for first listening impressions!

IMG_0919.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back