ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
post-12985649
Post #556 of 7,827

AeRoPLoDgE

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trying the newer charcoal damping in my blackwoods if possible. Never really minded the frontal damping, just it was a pain in the arse to keep in place with putting the pads on.

post-12985659
Post #557 of 7,827
Reaction score
  I wouldn't mind testing trying the newer charcoal damping in my blackwoods if possible. Never really minded the frontal damping, just it was a pain in the arse to keep in place with putting the pads on.

Send me an email!  Only cost to you would be shipping.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
post-12985699
Post #558 of 7,827

Hansotek

These waters flow with our liquid mids.
Reaction score
My Eikon review unit was delivered today! Loving the sound on these so far. Fast and tight with lots and lots of body. A rare combo for a dynamic to pull off. Really thick and meaty subbass. Well balanced mids. Smooth up top without feeling rolled off. I especially love the way these sound with electronic music.

Obviously more to follow, but here are a couple of quick pics I snapped tonight:

post-12985704
Post #559 of 7,827

AeRoPLoDgE

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
  My Eikon review unit was delivered today! Loving the sound on these so far. Fast and tight with lots and lots of body. A rare combo for a dynamic to pull off. Really thick and meaty subbass. Well balanced mids. Smooth up top without feeling rolled off. I especially love the way these sound with electronic music.

Obviously more to follow, but here are a couple of quick pics I snapped tonight:

**pic**

They look great! Cant wait to hear more. 

@zach915m might order another pilot band soon, so i'll remind you about the damping. Cheers!

post-12985811
Post #562 of 7,827

Funky Dealer

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hey Zach, I have been struggling lately on whether or not to buy a Padauk Eikon. I currently have the Zebrawood Omni with Midnight Blue Sliders you made for me without telling me a single thing about what materials/aesthetic would go into making it! I didn't know I was getting a preview of the November sale. 
 I however can only afford one of the headphones and would need to sell the Omni to afford the new Eikon... I just wanted to see if you would be offended if I sold my unique Omni for the Eikon? I don't mean to be rude but seeing it just makes me want one that much more... It has the swivel cups that I want, as well as the new look! I loved the sound signature, bass, and uniqueness of it but the Eikon is tempting me and hurting my wallet. If I miss this run then I guess in the future I look forward to possibly another (Random) Eikon from future sets of wood! 

post-12985823
Post #563 of 7,827
Reaction score
  Hey Zach, I have been struggling lately on whether or not to buy a Padauk Eikon. I currently have the Zebrawood Omni with Midnight Blue Sliders you made for me without telling me a single thing about what materials/aesthetic would go into making it! I didn't know I was getting a preview of the November sale. 
 I however can only afford one of the headphones and would need to sell the Omni to afford the new Eikon... I just wanted to see if you would be offended if I sold my unique Omni for the Eikon? I don't mean to be rude but seeing it just makes me want one that much more... It has the swivel cups that I want, as well as the new look! I loved the sound signature, bass, and uniqueness of it but the Eikon is tempting me and hurting my wallet. If I miss this run then I guess in the future I look forward to possibly another (Random) Eikon from future sets of wood! 

Oh, heck no I wouldn't be offended!  It was actually making your set that made me decide I wanted to make more of those, it was really fun being given that freedom,I hope it was a surprise and fun for you too!

But yeah, anyone who buys a headphone from me can do whatever they want with it, keep it, sell it, use it as a cheese plate etc.  I totally understand headphone acquisition syndrome as we all have it, and I know that means parting ways with cool stuff sometimes too.

So no worries either way, and feel free to email me if you want to chat more - or message me here or post etc etc etc

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Reactions: grizzlybeast
post-12985844
Post #564 of 7,827

Funky Dealer

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm down to receive another random Eikon if you'd like 
 Last one turned out great! Ahaha the pre-orders will definitely all be cherry or padauk though 

Great to hear about not getting offended! I'll try and sell them as fast as possible to put my order in for the Eikon when I get the funds! (Hopefully by the preorder deadline!!!)

post-12986104
Post #565 of 7,827

BunnyNamedCraig

Formerly known as MTMECraig/bunnynamedfrank
Reaction score

With all due respect, I think you're missing his point. If he was pre-ordering Omni's in 2015, they were very new then, perhaps in advance of S.N. 001 being shipped, as Atticus/Eikon are today--but still, there were probably 100s fewer Omni's around then. And still, he couldn't sell his brand spanking new Omni for enough money to recoup costs.

(apologies to you both if I have this wrong)

But this raises a larger cautionary issue that other have touched on this string. Headphones are luxury consumable items that depreciate. So it's foolish & a little delusional to go into any such purchase expecting to recoup a large % of the outlay. Actually, ZMF headphones would seem to hold their value higher/longer than many other brands. Still, all you need do is look at the F.S. listings to see several Omni's that have lingered because the owners over-price them (whether out of ignorance or hubris it's hard to know)
in regards to ZMF resale.... there are usually 2 camps of people buying zmf cans, ones that can afford to buy new and therefore can pay for whatever custom heirloom they have in mind (which to me these are heirloom products. your gandkids should get more out of looking at these then they will a mass produced headphone) and ones that cannot. the ones that cannot buy on the forums or possibly ebay. so when you bought an Omni zebrawood with bronze sliders then you are already only selling to someone who thinks your price is fair, or it lines up with what- 80% of what they wanted to buy anyways? so these new cans only being 2 options each should help resale significantly. granted this is all just an educated guess.

post-12986173
Post #566 of 7,827

Oistein

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I listen mainly to hip hop, dubstep, rap, metal and other bass driven genres. Any suggestion which headphone would suit me the best? Really not looking for another bright headphone =)

post-12986428
Post #567 of 7,827

DoctaCosmos

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Neither of these headphones are said to be bright.

post-12986507
Post #568 of 7,827

Kozic

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I listen mainly to hip hop, dubstep, rap, metal and other bass driven genres. Any suggestion which headphone would suit me the best? Really not looking for another bright headphone =)
From what Zach told me the Atticus has a puncher bass (a hump in the sub bass)and the Eikon may reach lower with less distortion also it's a little more transparent. Both have a smooth treble. At least that's what I get out of all the talk from people that have tried them. I could be wrong though.

post-12986543
Post #570 of 7,827

dannygold321

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Any advice on which of the two new models would sound best with a McIntosh MHA100 driving it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 7)