ATTENTION HE90 OWNERS: JMoney custom earpads/headband
Nov 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #167 of 222
I'd say that's the best option.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #170 of 222
PM sent
smile.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #171 of 222
I've received the parts today. Thanks a lot, Gary!

I love the headband. It fits tight and looks nice.
But it's not perfect. It should actually be a little longer. About 10mm longer each side (20mm longer total). You can see from the pictures that it doesn't cover the whole area it should.

7.jpg

8.jpg

As for the earpad, removing the 'lips' is obviously the first change that should be made.
There's a clear excess of material and I can't check if the plastic piece fits or not, because the lips won't let the earpad go inside the earcup.
Jeremy, may I rip it apart and make a closer inspection on the plastic ring?

Dec 7, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #172 of 222
Hello,
Thanks everybody for the great initiative
I think I am the latest member of the club...

My HE90 has been totally rebuild like new by Sennheiser (the former pads were a little worn)
and I'm interrested too in, let's say 2 pairs of earpads and 1 headband.
I'm in France, can you tell me the costs and how to proceed ?
Thank you in advance.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #173 of 222
Hello! Welcome to the club
biggrin.gif

Actually, you can only order the pads as a set (1 pair of earpads + 1 headband).
If you want 2 sets, you will have 2 pairs of earpads and 2 headbands.

The parts are still in development stage. They will be available online at HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories when it's ready to be sold.
So, everything you have to do now is wait until they become available for sale. Keep checking this thread and you will be informed.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by totungs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
Thanks everybody for the great initiative
I think I am the latest member of the club...

My HE90 has been totally rebuild like new by Sennheiser (the former pads were a little worn)
and I'm interrested too in, let's say 2 pairs of earpads and 1 headband.
I'm in France, can you tell me the costs and how to proceed ?
Thank you in advance.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #175 of 222
Hello Orpheus Friends,

I was replaced old headband and earpads with original Sennheiser parts. Unfortunately the synthetic leather isn't a good solution for long years. I think that idea HugoFreire is very interesting, more practical and cheapper than Sennheiser. My old (next) headband and earpads are in ideal condition (earpads inside material and soft-black material are in very good quality), but this skin was unstuck. I think, that this defect was rather the fault of this synthetic leather than the consequence of using.

I wish to rebuild them with HugoFreire leather. Is it possible?
Maybe it is better to buy another one?

BTW - see my DIY dust cover. Perhaps it will inspire you.

Best regards from Katowice, Poland

Wiktor

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #176 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiktor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish to rebuild them with HugoFreire leader. Is it possible?
Maybe it is better to buy another one?

Hello, Wiktor!
I don't think it's a good idea to replace only the vinyl of your pads. The only thing that could be used from the old pads is the foam! Everything else would be replaced. So, just order a brand new set of pads.

Congratulations on your Orpheus, it looks great!
By the way, is that cover from Gingko Audio?

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #177 of 222
Thanks

smily_headphones1.gif

This dust cover was produced by a small Polish company. The quality is high. Acceptable price (only 25% Ginko Audio pricelist). But most important - very quick realization of order.

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #178 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello! Welcome to the club
biggrin.gif

Actually, you can only order the pads as a set (1 pair of earpads + 1 headband).
If you want 2 sets, you will have 2 pairs of earpads and 2 headbands.

The parts are still in development stage. They will be available online at HeadRoom: Stereo Headphones, Amps & DACs, Wireless, Noise Canceling, Ear Canal, Earbud, Audio Cables & Accessories when it's ready to be sold.
So, everything you have to do now is wait until they become available for sale. Keep checking this thread and you will be informed.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Wondering what is the ETA on these for HE90 and HE60.

I just ordered a set of HE90 head band and ear pads from Sennheiser just in case. But the real leather ones would be much better in a long run.

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #179 of 222
Hello ast,
I'd love to be able to tell you an estimate, but I don't have one.
There are a couple of little adjustments to be made, but Jeremy seems to be very busy lately and I haven't heard from him for a while.
The biggest problem is that Jeremy doesn't have a HE90 to make the fitting tests himself. So, we are basically working on a trial-and-error fashion.
On the other hand, the changes don't seem to be too difficult to be made, just some minor adjustments to the prototype that's already done.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #180 of 222
Hey Jeremy, any update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back