ATTENTION HE90 OWNERS: JMoney custom earpads/headband
Nov 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #152 of 222
Thanks, Jeremy. Please keep us informed.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #154 of 222
I guess the pads will be tighter than the stock ones, because the plastic rings dimensions are the same but leather is thicker than the stock vinyl.
I hope they fit.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #155 of 222
I hope they do too...in all honesty, they may not fit and is why I would prefer to have a set in front of me, however, let's just hope for the best!

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #156 of 222
Here are some pictures from Gary.
Stock pads are on the left and Jeremy's on the right.

pads_front.jpg

pads_back.jpg

Gary can't get them to fit.
The way the back and side leather pieces are joined/stitched together should probably be changed to make they fit.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #157 of 222
okay thanks for the update. I will make the adjustments soon. Did he let you know about the headband fitting?

thanks

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #158 of 222
I've tried and tried to get either of the earcup arms off and stripped a couple of screws along the way, but I can't do it and I don't want to do anymore damage to the phones. I can send the headband pad to Hugo or someone else and send the earpad back to you Jeremy. Let me know,Gary.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #160 of 222
IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO WILL REPLACE THEIR HEADBAND PADS

The HE90 earcups are assembled with Phillips M2 screws (details on screw standards here)
You will need a M2 sized screwdriver to take the earcup off. Smaller screwdrivers will easily damage the screws.

Gary,
As I told you, I have some quality titanium M2 screws here. I will gladly send them to you, if you want to replace the damaged screws. I can also lend you my screwdriver, if you want.
I will send you my home address and you can ship the headband pad to me. I will make the fitting tests and take some pictures while Jeremy adjusts the earpads.

Jeremy,
I guess changing the joining/stitching method will be enough for a good fitting. Unless the leather is MUCH thicker than the stock vinyl.
The shape of the earpad's back side should be as near to the shape of the plastic ring as possible. You can see from the second picture that the edge (outer diameter) of the plastic ring is clearly visible on the stock pads. That is, the vinyl doesn't interfere with the ring's shape.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #161 of 222
Jeremy, will you need the earpad that you sent to Gary?
If you won't, can I have them sent along with the headband pad?
Just want to check how things are being made.
smile.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #163 of 222
is the sizing issue of the pads just the lip that sticks out? Gary, can you check if the pad behind the protruding lip is the right size? If so, then that's an easy fix.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #164 of 222
I know this is supposed to be the same ring Senn uses for its pads but it seems to me the ring might be the problem,but I'm not sure. It would be easier for me to tell you what I thought was wrong if the ring was connected all the way around,but it's not and everytime I try to push it towards the driver the ring dislocates. So I can't tell if it's the excess material causing the ring to dislocate, or if the ring is the problem itself. Now that I know I can get new(better) screws for the earcups I'm going to remove one of them tonight hopefully and get back to you about the headband pad. If this fails, I'll send them to Hugo since he's had better luck than I. Sorry I don't have more positive news right now but maybe in a short while I will. Gary

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #165 of 222
For those who don't have a proper screwdriver, this should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back