Attention! Fake Klipsch Image X10
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #32 of 55
just bought mine straight from amazon, now is the wait. on the counterfiet issue, it would be funny if the fake ones sound better than the real ones lol 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #33 of 55
Only buy from Amazon if it is shipped/sold/fulfilled directly by Amazon.com

We do have third party dealers who go through Amazon but I would double check with me or on Klipsch.com whether they are indeed an authorized online dealer.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #34 of 55
Sorry, not much time to chat.

The left one on the third photo is fake.

Would like to add info about colors.

Newer revision of X10 comes in more glossy and bright color. It's very similar to fake.

So there are two 100% ways to define. To check filters and magnetics.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #35 of 55
Anyone else see these FAKE X10's lately? Because I'm thinking about putting an X10 order thru Amazon this weekend. I'm gonna make sure it's sold and delivered by Amazon and not some other 3rd party vendor.
triportsad.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:
Anyone else see these FAKE X10's lately? Because I'm thinking about putting an X10 order thru Amazon this weekend. I'm gonna make sure it's sold and delivered by Amazon and not some other 3rd party vendor.
triportsad.gif

just get it from amazon and you are good, me owning the x10, i do have to warn you that the x10 does sound harsh 

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #38 of 55
How would you guess a 2mm driver sounds? :p

Awesome :) the VC02 didn't sound so bad with it's micro drivers. :)

Anyway, I was just under the impression that it was hard to tell, based on sound, the fake ones from the real ones, that's why most descriptions were based on physical attributes. It would be scary...and a little comforting if they do sound good. :) scary coz you can't tell the difference, and comforting, coz you can't tell the difference. Lol. :)

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:
Awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
the VC02 didn't sound so bad with it's micro drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I was just under the impression that it was hard to tell, based on sound, the fake ones from the real ones, that's why most descriptions were based on physical attributes. It would be scary...and a little comforting if they do sound good.
smily_headphones1.gif
scary coz you can't tell the difference, and comforting, coz you can't tell the difference. Lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

the question is what if the fake ones end up sounding better than the real one?
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

just get it from amazon and you are good, me owning the x10, i do have to warn you that the x10 does sound harsh 

Harsh? How do you compare it to an Image X4i? I've had the X4i for a couple of years now and I thought it sounds harsh because it's a dynamic driver. I was interrested in the X10 because I heard its BA driver has more clarity yet is very smooth and not as harsh as the X4i.

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #41 of 55
Quote:
Harsh? How do you compare it to an Image X4i? I've had the X4i for a couple of years now and I thought it sounds harsh because it's a dynamic driver. I was interrested in the X10 because I heard its BA driver has more clarity yet is very smooth and not as harsh as the X4i.

my friend has s4 though i cant comment on that because i honestly did not listen enough and wont be able to tell you anything about that. however, i used to use etymotic research hf5 and i can somewhat say i know the sound of the hf5 by heart since i have used it for half a year daily. the hf5 is harsher than the x10 though the x10 is not smooth neither. another example would be my ultimate ears trifi10 does not give me the fatigue x10 has, hope you have one of the iems i mentioned so you know what im talking about... for cheaper iem, i also have the skullcandy inkd (i havent listened to it for a while though based on memory) and its harsher than the x10. to the x10's credit, i have only listened to it for a week and now my player is broken and i dont have a computer setup so i wont be able to listen to music for a while
frown.gif
 time sclae wise, i think i got fatigue after about 30 mins of listening to the x10. i have heard people saying that the x10 sounds harsh sometimes which is also my impression of it. some people say its not harsh, thats because i think theres sufficient bass to mask some of the harshness but i still get fatigue from it. x10 will not be my "final solution", i think i may have to go ciem. for the discounted price on amazon, its not bad so go try it out yourself but if you are expecting a smooth sounding iem, nah, based on personal experience and opinion, i dont think it will do it for you. theres this iem called spider realvoice, i have heard good things about it though havent tried it for myself, it may be worth checking out for you. for me, im just waiting to get my player fixed and then probably will be on my way to ciem.   

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

my friend has s4 though i cant comment on that because i honestly did not listen enough and wont be able to tell you anything about that. however, i used to use etymotic research hf5 and i can somewhat say i know the sound of the hf5 by heart since i have used it for half a year daily. the hf5 is harsher than the x10 though the x10 is not smooth neither. another example would be my ultimate ears trifi10 does not give me the fatigue x10 has, hope you have one of the iems i mentioned so you know what im talking about... for cheaper iem, i also have the skullcandy inkd (i havent listened to it for a while though based on memory) and its harsher than the x10. to the x10's credit, i have only listened to it for a week and now my player is broken and i dont have a computer setup so i wont be able to listen to music for a while
frown.gif
 time sclae wise, i think i got fatigue after about 30 mins of listening to the x10. i have heard people saying that the x10 sounds harsh sometimes which is also my impression of it. some people say its not harsh, thats because i think theres sufficient bass to mask some of the harshness but i still get fatigue from it. x10 will not be my "final solution", i think i may have to go ciem. for the discounted price on amazon, its not bad so go try it out yourself but if you are expecting a smooth sounding iem, nah, based on personal experience and opinion, i dont think it will do it for you. theres this iem called spider realvoice, i have heard good things about it though havent tried it for myself, it may be worth checking out for you. for me, im just waiting to get my player fixed and then probably will be on my way to ciem.   

Heh... your description of the X10s sounding harsh is making me rethink on getting them now. I actually have some TF10s for a couple of months now and I really like them because their mids and highs are clear but smooth (not at all harsh). In fact i was going to buy the X10s 2 months ago but found myself in a rare situation of having more funds so I decided to get the TF10s instead. But I've been looking at the X10s for years and I still want to get some before the great deal on Amazon ($89.99) disapears. But again your comment about the X10s being harsh makes me rethink that maybe I might be wasting my money buying them even with Amazon's great price.

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:
Heh... your description of the X10s sounding harsh is making me rethink on getting them now. I actually have some TF10s for a couple of months now and I really like them because their mids and highs are clear but smooth (not at all harsh). In fact i was going to buy the X10s 2 months ago but found myself in a rare situation of having more funds so I decided to get the TF10s instead. But I've been looking at the X10s for years and I still want to get some before the great deal on Amazon ($89.99) disapears. But again your comment about the X10s being harsh makes me rethink that maybe I might be wasting my money buying them even with Amazon's great price.

nah, take my comment as a grain of salt and just buy it. everyone hears differently, it may be my player too, who knows. fyi, i listen to mostly female vocals, in cd quality (16 bit 44.1khz lossless) on my dap which is ibasso dx100. you should probably try the x10 yourself and report back and see how you like it. it didnt float my boat but maybe it will float yours
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #44 of 55
I just bought one from Ebay.ca. It is fake!! However, they do provide all the accessories. I confirm this when I finally found even the left and right channels are reversed. So really be careful about this headphone when you want to buy. Highly recommend to buy it from famous online companies. Also, even this item from Amazon is not guaranteed to be genuine since it is actually from other vendors. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #45 of 55
Hi. I recently bought x10 from ebay. Im not 100% sure about the fakeness. They dont excactly magnetize together. Because i needto know i have scraped a little paint off the driverunit and i see shining aluminium under the paint. If i see directly in the driver i see a white ring and sliver coloured filter.
But they dont actually stick together magnetically. Is there a videoclip showing the parts magnetize??

Can anyone help? I will contact ebay about this fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back