Attention! Fake Klipsch Image X10
Dec 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #16 of 55
The easiest way to tell if your X10 are fake is the dynamic drivers and metal housing. They will magnetize together.

Easiest way. Because the scum who fake these cannot afford to use BA drivers, they always use dynamics.

And yes the driver must be tiny! I owned X10 the housing are very small.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #17 of 55
Thanks H20. The ones I have don't stick together but since the drivers are so small, the magnet couldn't be as strong? Just throwing in some caution : )
Quote:
The easiest way to tell if your X10 are fake is the dynamic drivers and metal housing. They will magnetize together.
Easiest way. Because the scum who fake these cannot afford to use BA drivers, they always use dynamics.
And yes the driver must be tiny! I owned X10 the housing are very small.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 55
Direct from Amazon really has maximum security?

I bought Samsung HS3000 receiver from Amazon direct sales before and the box that came with it look sub standard and did not have the word APT-X even!

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #19 of 55
sorry guys
i think it might have most likely been a super terrible seal.
it seems very unlikely that these were fakes. i purchased them from Amazon, not a reseller or reseller fulfilled by amazon
the packaging was way too real for it to be fake

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 55
Quote:
Thanks H20. The ones I have don't stick together but since the drivers are so small, the magnet couldn't be as strong? Just throwing in some caution : )

If they are don't magnetized they are not fake. For sure.

One more thing. 
3. There is no acoustic filter on fake. Some rarefied grid instead.

The acoustic filter on originals is black (I mean it's working element). The grid on fake is clear. So just take a good look into the nozzle

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #27 of 55
Just got mine yesturday. The housing doesnt magnetise themself but the inside grill seems more clear than black. I have x7i that i can compare them to. The sound pretty different but that might be frim the bigger bass, they dont sound as balance but they sound good.

How does the fake sound? Boxing was great quality for sure

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #28 of 55
I bought klipsch x10i from ebay and I wonder if they are fake. I tried the "magnetize" test and they seemed not to magnetize or repel each other. And Looking inside the nozzle, I see a white circle (nothing else) like the one on the left of the third image provided by Vesperaudio.

Are they fake?

Hi Vesperaudio.
The one on the left (with white circle inside) or on the right of your 3rd image is fake?
Thanks.

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #30 of 55
Vesper if you have the time it would helpful if you could say for a couple of the images which is real and which is fake - i.e. left fake right real (no idea if this is correct order just an example).

These are going sub 90s on Amazon on now which seems awfully cheap, but on the other hand they are a discontinued product so could just be that.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back