Attaching/swapping earpieces
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Potamotrygon

New Head-Fier
I got a set of Hifiman RE0 in the mail today. They include a few different earpieces (the rubber bit, olive-style and double flange). Is there some magic method to putting them on? Removal is easy, but I discovered that the hole in the earpiece is significantly smaller than the output side of the speaker so it is very difficult to attach.

thanks

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I got a set of Hifiman RE0 in the mail today. They include a few different earpieces (the rubber bit, olive-style and double flange). Is there some magic method to putting them on? Removal is easy, but I discovered that the hole in the earpiece is significantly smaller than the output side of the speaker so it is very difficult to attach.

thanks

For the double flange.
As you attempt to put them on squeeze the tip to the tip of the 2nd flange (up to the 2nd flange that is) - and press it with great force. As your doing this, try and work it onto the tip.

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
The smaller double flange has a larger hole, thus it is extremely easier to install. All the others, unfortunately, have a significantly smaller opening :frowning2:

Couldn't you try the same concept with the other pieces?
Pinch midway to the stem of the connector (so that the end with the hole is forced to expand)
and then attempt to push it onto the RE0

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Finally managed to get the single flange earpieces on. The biflange are quite easy in comparison. I had to turn it inside out and then was able to squeeze the stem to fit it on.
thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back