Atrio M5 (MG7 driver) vs. MTPC
Apr 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mastershake2393

500+ Head-Fier
I am really liking my IE8's because of their awesome soundstage, but really want to see what else it out there.

Just curious how the new Atrio m5's stand up against the MTPC's in:

Bass
Soundstage
Highs
Mids
Overall SQ

It would be greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif
!

PS: I get sick of "vs" threads as much as everyone else, but I haven't seen anyone comparing these two IEM's yet.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I am really liking my IE8's because of their awesome soundstage, but really want to see what else it out there.

Just curious how the new Atrio m5's stand up against the MTPC's in:

Bass
Soundstage
Highs
Mids
Overall SQ

It would be greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif
!

PS: I get sick of "vs" threads as much as everyone else, but I haven't seen anyone comparing these two IEM's yet.

I've heard them both and I like them both.
The new Atrios have better sub-bass than the Mtpc (and everything else), but the mtpc do have a very nice dynamic driver bass.
Soundstage, hmm, I don't remember very well, but I don't remember them being too different.
The copper has brighter highs with more edge. The atrios have improved treble but sometimes show a bit of a lower-treble bump (particularly before burn-in).
The atrios mids seem more neutral than the mtpc.
Although the Atrios may seem like they are more neutral in the mids, there is something about them that makes me really enjoy listening to them. I do like the mtpc, but maybe if I had to choose, I would get the atrios.

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Apr 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 7
As someone who has all 3, I'd say save your money (I let curiosity get the better of me) unless there is something in particular you are unhappy about with the IE8?

I'd say the MTPC and Atrio do certain things better than the IE8, but it depends what you are after really. I think the Atrio has better quality and less intrusive bass, but the basshead in me prefers the greater overall quantity and mid-bass hump of the IE8 for certain music. The MTPC has edgier, brighter highs as Kunlun said which I sometimes miss on both the Atrio & IE8. They both isolate better than the IE8. The IE8 and Atrio sound fine straight from my ipod, but are improved with my headstage arrow. However, I do feel the MTPC needs extra power to sound its best.

If I was to choose only one to keep.......I couldn't because I am a hoarder and refuse to get rid of any of my collection unless I truly dislike them.
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks everyone. I was IC about a trade for my IE8s for Atrio m5, so I will keep trying the IE8s for the next week. I do like the soundstage a lot, but don't like how poor the isolation is; I don't think it's terrible, I can just notice a big dip in isolation from the TF10s.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 7
sorry for bumping an old thread.

I'm going through hell replacing my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers. They suited me perfect for reggae. They broke, and I can't get in touch with Monsters costumer service. I really liked them, but they apparantly break often, so just buying new ones is not an option.

Just had the Atrios. Very impressive bass. But I have to disagree on the mids. I do not find the mids to be very good. Actually I find the mids to be almost missing. This is the most V-shaped sound signature I have ever come across.

I like the coppers more linear signature a lot more. Bass is boostet, but mids are fine. Transparent, lively, engaging. Atrios to me were aside from bass response a complete bore. 

Just my 2 cents. (or was it 300$ for coppers that broke and could not be replaced...+ 200$ atrios)

Ahhhh, miss those coppers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back