Atomic Schiit! World's First Portable Amp With 15 Million Year Battery Life!
Apr 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 42
Price?? It says $0. I'd love to be one of the first to own a Gio.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:
Hey Jason!

Are the rumors true that you brought in some engineers from Lirpa Labs to consult on this project?

se

Actually, the project was considerably accelerated after discovering White Sands scientists preserved in cryogenic chambers on a recent, ahem, "vacation" in New Mexico. 

Hold a sec, I think the NRC is on the other line...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 42
Uh... Tell the NRC you'll have to call them back. If I'm not mistaken, there's a VW bus full of Iranians just pulled up in front of your place.

se

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #22 of 42
I was hoping for the superconducting cable option. Guess we'll need to wait for the Glo II. :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #23 of 42
I'll be honest, with some of the other specs on other Shiit products, I half believed it for a while there...
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:
I'll be honest, with some of the other specs on other Shiit products, I half believed it for a while there...
tongue_smile.gif

Half believed? What are you talking about? You don't honestly think Schiit would do something so positively mundane as to try and pull an April Fool's prank on April 1st, do you?

se

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Half believed? What are you talking about? You don't honestly think Schiit would do something so positively mundane as to try and pull an April Fool's prank on April 1st, do you?

se

Oh, of course! Psh what was I thinking ever doubting them....
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #26 of 42
Impressions: Just got the Glo. So far, its blown my new Heir Audio 4.Ai's. Delivery was interesting... They dropped it from space and it plummeted through my roof and into the ground so thats a large bill I'm going to have to pay. No sound impressions so far, as they have blown my only headphones right now. DT880's come sometime this week, so I should be able to give some impressions then. Also, it gets very hot, its very well built though. Thanks for the lender, Schiit!

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 42
Seriously though, I would love to see a truly portable amp from Shiit. I mean I'm looking to make the Modi go mobile  here pretty soon (thats a longgggggg story) but i would love to try an all out amp/dac something similar to FiiO's products. How's 'bout it Shiit? Can we expect to see any such portable device in the near future?

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #29 of 42
When I first saw this earlier today, I thought for one millisecond that it could be the statement amp.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #30 of 42
Although Schiit says that shipping isn't until June of 2213, they were generous enough to send me a prototype of GLO for review.  After blowing out 5 of my high end headphones, I was finally able to get a good listen with an HD800 heavily modded with cinder-block drivers.  I'll post a review soon... feeling a bit weezy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back