Atlanta Meet - July 31'st, 2005
Aug 10, 2005 at 1:12 PM Post #46 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
still no word about your experiences Dan, the crowd is getting anxious... and good choice on the SA5ks.. I love em..

(Sorry Jazper, I've been trying to put words to feelings on the gear auditioned at the meet and have had a bit of trouble doing so.)

Rockhopper M3 impression:

The biggest thing that struck me about this amp is that it has loads of reserve power without any drawbacks when called upon to deliver it. I found that the overall tonal balance of the amp is very even and that it does a great job of maintaining crispness and resolution even when driving difficult loads to high levels. There was a maxed PPA there that could not do the same(for me), and I've found that at the same volume level, the otherwise stellar Singlepower SDS flattens out. Interestingly, the RKV doesn't have that limitation.

I didn't get to spend enough time with the M3 to form any deep impressions of the amp, but it did make the short list of amps I'd like to listen to more in the future. For the bargain price it sells at, I would highly recommend folks audition one for themselves. I would also put it on the short list for anyone looking for a companion to their Grados. I listened to the RS-2, 325i and 225 through it, and they all sounded very good.

Dan

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #47 of 50
Well,

I can see if there is a room at Tech I could borrow. I might be able to get a room at the student center or something.

James

Aug 11, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blorton
Sorry gang. No meets at Casa Blorton anytime soon. Mrs. B is still torqued because someone left the front door wide open which caused a cat emergency. None escaped, but she was quite flustered about it. (Understandably so. What nimrod leaves a door open in an Atlanta summer anyway?)

All you guys with the enthusiasm to have a meet need to step up and offer your place to host a gathering. I'm not the only one around with a kitchen/breakfast area that can be used for this.
tongue.gif

Dan

it wasnt me cause Im from new york and still have the Ny paranoia in me
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #50 of 50
RnB,
First of all, thanks for the opportunity on those minis, they are great. Anyway, I will post my impression shortly. I will return the cable back to you on Monday. I'm sure your that the revised version of your cable will sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back