Atlanta Meet, April 25th. Venue changed..see new thread
Mar 15, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #76 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No fees gents, I got the tab on this one. Just come have fun! Yes the D'tree on LaVista. Used to be a Radisson, D'tree bought and completely renovated it inside and out. Nice gear Petey!

Do we have an address that will work in a GPS? I don't stand a snowflake's chance in Miami of making it otherwise.

If I can make it I'll bring Grado 225, AT ES7, Leckerton UHA-3, maybe a MacBook.

Mooch

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #77 of 91
I've never been accused of being Vasco de Gamma myself either....here see if this helps:

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NE/Northlake
4156 LaVista Road, Atlanta, Georgia, United States 30084
Tel: 1-770-938-1026 Fax: 1-770-491-8113 \
I live and breathe via google maps. Let me know if you need more help.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #78 of 91
Do you have to bring gear in order to go? I'm a senior at Dunwoody, and as such, do not have nearly as extensive a collection as many member here. I would really like to listen to some of your 'phones though!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #79 of 91
You must bring your ears, if you can't bring your ears you can bring your friends ears..other than that please come and have fun!

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #80 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may go if I have the funds. The only gear I have that won't already be present at teh meet is a KICAS Caliente headphone amp by Purity Audio; is any one familiar with this item?

Please bring all your gear regardless of the fact that others will bring the same. It is nice to be able to go from set-up to set-up with a cd and maybe your cans and listen to other peeps gear. I seem to recall some very possitive reviews from skylab on the caliente, but i have not had the pleaseure of hearing it myself. I look foward to giving it a go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewman
Do you have to bring gear in order to go? I'm a senior at Dunwoody, and as such, do not have nearly as extensive a collection as many member here. I would really like to listen to some of your 'phones though!

Please come, I would encourage you to bring some of your favorite music and an open mind. Try not to be influenced by reviews you may have read (in fact I forbid you from reading any between now and the meet
smily_headphones1.gif
), listen and decide what sounds good to you.

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #81 of 91
That's REALLY close to me. I live off of Lavista Rd. It's 5 minutes form me. I need to check the work calendar. If I come I can bring:

Meridian G07
Macbook Pro
Pico Dac (I should have it by then)
Zana Duex
HD-650 w/Cardas
HD-580 w/600 grills/650 cable
Grado RS-1's
Etymotic ER-4P w/P->S cable
PS Audio UPC-200

And my wife
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #83 of 91
This sounds great. I'll be there with everything in my sig (most likely minus the K340 as I am looking to sell it). Hopefully I will have a CD player by then though. Right now my source is my desktop and I definitely am not carting this huge Lian-Li case anywhere. Otherwise I'll have to use a DVD player.

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #85 of 91
Hey folks. Trav told me (via telephone) that there may be a problem with the venue--although Trav was assured otherwise, and was all set to sign a contract and pay the fee, the hotel contacted Trav today to tell him room wasn't available on the 25th. The sales manager won't be available until Tuesday.

Trav will talk to their General Manager tomorrow to see what can be done. If nothing, then we'll adapt, improvise, and overcome this bump in the road.

-m

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #86 of 91
Quote:

I've never been accused of being Vasco de Gamma myself either....here see if this helps:

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta NE/Northlake
4156 LaVista Road, Atlanta, Georgia, United States 30084
Tel: 1-770-938-1026 Fax: 1-770-491-8113 \
I live and breathe via google maps. Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks.

Mooch

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #87 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey folks. Trav told me (via telephone) that there may be a problem with the venue--although Trav was assured otherwise, and was all set to sign a contract and pay the fee, the hotel contacted Trav today to tell him room wasn't available on the 25th. The sales manager won't be available until Tuesday.

Trav will talk to their General Manager tomorrow to see what can be done. If nothing, then we'll adapt, improvise, and overcome this bump in the road.

-m

Thanks Mike. Going in the AM to talk to the GM regarding the situation. I am hoping for the best. Sry I'm just posting had to feed, bathe, and bed the tribe. I'm not exactly pleased right now. I will post as soon as I have ANY definitive answer. Ty all for your patience.

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Thanks Mike. Going in the AM to talk to the GM regarding the situation. I am hoping for the best. Sry I'm just posting had to feed, bathe, and bed the tribe. I'm not exactly pleased right now. I will post as soon as I have ANY definitive answer. Ty all for your patience.

Perhaps we could bribe him with VIP treatment from the strippers that are being hired to balance out the family friendly atmosphere of the establishment?

Mar 16, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #89 of 91
I just noticed this thread, hopefully this works out.

If I can attend, I would be able to bring Beyer DT-880, PPAv1 (my build), Cambridge Audio D540 player and possibly other odds and ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back