Atlanta Meet, April 25th. Venue changed..see new thread
Mar 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #46 of 91
Count me in, if the final date is end of April. The more lead time the better for me so I can make plans to get some golf in over the weekend. I would be driving from North Carolina for the event. This would be my first Head-Fi meet, looking forward to meet and listen to what you Atlanta folks have to offer.

I'm would be willing to share any of the meet expenses, if that is the norm at High-Fi events. Should I bring my wallet?
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #47 of 91
Don't bring more cash than you're prepared to watch vaporize.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #49 of 91
Date and location sounds good for me. I have a few things I could bring, some decent, some generic
smily_headphones1.gif

I could bring:

headphones:
Sennheiser PX-100
Grado SR-225
AKG K-701

sources:
Sony Playstation 1001

amps:
C&C Box v2
RW Audio prototype amp
RW Audio Amp1 (maybe)

others:
Yaqin tube buffer

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #50 of 91
Hey guys been home about an hour. Plan to go look at the space at the Doubletree tommorow. Thank you guys for the input as far trying to prep this thing so it will be as enjoyable as possible. Right now I'm auditioning my first tube head amp. The Little Dot Mk 3 was waiting when I got home from Hartsfield...Weeeeee.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #51 of 91
Would there be any interest if I bought a Macintosh MA6100?

It was my first step into SQ back in 1975... just turned 21... A gift to myself.
beerchug.gif

I guess I really should find some time to hunt for my old headphones.

Some specs on the amp ==> Berner's McIntosh MA6100

It's currently driving my center speaker in the media room.
atsmile.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #53 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by duffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would there be any interest if I bought a Macintosh MA6100?

It was my first step into SQ back in 1975... just turned 21... A gift to myself.
beerchug.gif

I guess I really should find some time to hunt for my old headphones.

Some specs on the amp ==> Berner's McIntosh MA6100

It's currently driving my center speaker in the media room.
atsmile.gif

WOW a 6100! Good stuff. If i remember she pushed 70 watts RMS per channel..i think.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #54 of 91
OK, earlier would definitely be better for me. I just found out that my work has another lovely weekend project planned for the weekend of April 25th, which was the exact reason I missed out on the Charlotte get together. I'm fighting to get exempt from the thing, but they didn't budge last time so I'm not too hopeful this time. Man, it's like they have somebody monitoring my posts here and planning my work schedule based on them.
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #55 of 91
April 25th was I could find on my end, but if anybody else has a venue they might work better as far as a date please say so. I'm simply trying to facilitate a meeting place not by any means run this thing. I'm tentaviely set to see the room today at 4:00. I'll try to take photos of the room as well.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #56 of 91
Just got back from the hotel. The conference room is just over 1000 sq ft. I posted pics of half tables and round tables. They also have rectange tables as well. They can provide 10, 6 ft tables if needed. Gents see which you think will be the best. Thanks

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #58 of 91
I was kind of thinking the same Ingwe. Sent you a PM regarding "Headfi".

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #59 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, earlier would definitely be better for me. I just found out that my work has another lovely weekend project planned for the weekend of April 25th, which was the exact reason I missed out on the Charlotte get together. I'm fighting to get exempt from the thing, but they didn't budge last time so I'm not too hopeful this time. Man, it's like they have somebody monitoring my posts here and planning my work schedule based on them.
frown.gif

What would be the latest you could come? I going to need to pay for the space today or miss it. I think I will ask him for a later closing in the evening if it will get you there.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would be the latest you could come? I going to need to pay for the space today or miss it. I think I will ask him for a later closing in the evening if it will get you there.

I couldn't tell ya. They're currently stalling me regarding getting exempt from the weekend project. I have some ammo from the last time they did this so hopefully I'll know by the end of the day. The 25th seems good for most everybody else, so by all means don't change the plans. If it comes down to it I'll try to get out of my work around noon and just show up in my work clothes if necessary, though I'll have to cover up the logos on the shirt if any pictures are taken as I'm sure as hell not giving these bastards any free advertising if I can help it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back