Atlanta Meet, April 25th. Venue changed..see new thread
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #31 of 91
ya im a kennesaw student also. ya that was pretty bada$$ that he got loose. i bet the cop that was transporting him got his ***** chewed! HAHA! Where did they end up finding him? IN CLASS?

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a good bit closer to town that Lawrenceville, so it may be a good spot. We would probably need a good sized room to fit everybody though. These little get togethers have gotten bigger and bigger every year.

I certainly don't mind either, what with me being in Norcross only a stones throw from Tucker and all.
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 91
Those of you who have been to meets take a guess as to possible turn out and how much room we will need. Going to call the Doubltree now to check availability. I'm on the west coast and won't be home until Wed night. Ty

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #35 of 91
Any idea what this meet is going to be? I am moving to Portland some time in mid-April or the beginning of May, so I want to know if I'll have one last chance to hang out with my Atlanta ahead Head-Fi buddies or not.

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those of you who have been to meets take a guess as to possible turn out and how much room we will need. Going to call the Doubltree now to check availability. I'm on the west coast and won't be home until Wed night. Ty

If memory serves me right we had maybe 15 people at the last meet, and that meet had a much larger lead time than this one will. See about finding a room for 15-20 people. If anything Fitz and ingwe will need the room for their gear.
tongue.gif
I'm sure most everybody in attendance would we willing to cough up some cash to help pay for the space. I know I will. Looking at Piccolo's post, I think we should look at having this thing sometime late this month, with early April at the latest.

Mar 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #37 of 91
Left a message with catering at the Doubletree, no answer yet. So a 1 day or 2 day meet will suffice? Agreed Fitz and Ingwe need space. I'm just gonna try and set up a place. I feel the organization of the gig will probably be better served by their experience.

Mar 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #38 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Left a message with catering at the Doubletree, no answer yet. So a 1 day or 2 day meet will suffice? Agreed Fitz and Ingwe need space. I'm just gonna try and set up a place. I feel the organization of the gig will probably be better served by their experience.

1 or 2 days may be overdoing it a bit. We usually just make an afternoon of these meets. Say for example we usually start arriving at the meeting place around 10-11 AM and start packing up around 5-6 PM, with a lunch break (some sort of carry out) stuck somewhere in the middle. Only those big "international" meets usually carry on for more than a day.

In short, a medium sized conference room with tables rented out for an afternoon/evening should suit our needs nicely. It would be nice to get a headcount of some sort before reserving the room to make sure there's enough room for everybody to set their gear up.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #39 of 91
Tucker sounds good. I may have to be out of town, but if not I would gladly pony up for a share of the space.

Mooch

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #40 of 91
Ok thus far they have Sat April 25 open. How does this sound? The Doubletree is very nice with rooms rivaling anything in Buckhead for those who want to stay. They also have a weekend rate of $89 per night. Let me know gents. I haven't committed to the place yet. Thanks

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moocher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they have conference rooms with tables?

Date looks okay so far.

Mooch

Yes and how big are the conference rooms with tables? I may come down from NC because I was a little disappointed by the last meet I went to. It was great but room was way to small for the amount of turn out. Err on the side of the room being to big. I'll try to round up some of my NC cronies to ride with and bring stuff.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #43 of 91
April 25th works for me, although that's probably the last possible weekend that I would be able to do it.

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #44 of 91
While earlier would be nicer, I should be OK for the 25th. In addition to the gear in my sig, I will also have a stock Yamaha YH-1 on loan from a co-worker (who isn't into head-fi and bought them brand new when they came out) that I should be able to bring. It definitely has a different sound to it, and not in an entirely bad way either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back