ATLANTA HeadFI Meet 2010 IMPRESSIONS and PICS
May 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #31 of 34
That would be nice, recently I have done some more testing with my compass after hearing how black the high end setups were. I realized that mine is just as black if the volume is low meaning that the amplification is inducing noise into the signal. I believe this is a combination of poor power as a conditioner cleaned it up a little bit but I believe the bigger issue is that I likely need an amp with more power that is able to do the job while keeping things nice and dark.

Quote:
Let's slowly plan for a shoot out between our amps. It would be an interesting revelation to say the least.

I forgot to bring some of my favorite tubes also as I am in the midst of moving to a new job and a house relocation.

But, after a month or so, I should be freed, once again~. ha.

I also had a crappy source last time, being the lousy synchronous usb implementation. I'd like to use more dedicated source for next shoot out to give a proper listening and comparison.

Cheers.

May 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #32 of 34
I had a great time just like last year.  Hopefully I will have bought a new amp by the time the next meet rolls around.  The HD 800s, and HP2s impressed me the most.  My favs are still probably the K1000s though.  I didn't hear a amp that didn't impress me.  The Zana Duex, WA22, Singlepower and Headamp reference all sounded the same to me... awesome.  I am a little miffed that I didn't get to hear the Benchmark Dac that was there but maybe next time.  The Audio GD compass surprised the hell out of me -- the thing drove my K-501s pretty good almost as good as my recently sold M3.  Its got me considering the Audio GD Phoenix as my next amp.       

The meet seems to be growing year over year so lets keep it up!

May 14, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #33 of 34
Crap if you buy the Phoenix and I get a chance to listen to it I might just go bankrupt buying it rofl.

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #34 of 34
Just in case you guys follow this and missed the other thread... we're having another meet this weekend.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573682/atlanta-meeting-october-23-2011/

Hope to see some of you there.

**BRENT**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back