Atlanta Head-fi Impressions
Apr 27, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Ben Harper then.

I sampled both groups at Amazon, and Chris Potter sounds like what I listened to. I could have sworn those Denons were running off the Bijou, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually running off the Beta22 at the time. Thanks for helping me figure the album out.

Edit: I just got a "copy" of the first two tracks of Follow the Red Line, and that's definitely what I heard. I'm planning to hit the bricks tomorrow to see about getting a real copy.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #33 of 37
I totally missed this post! First off, thanks to Trav for putting this on He is probably tired of hearing it, but he deserves it. Second, thanks to everyone for coming out and bringing some wonderful gear! It was great to meet everyone and listen to stuff you would not be able to in any store.

For me the headphones that blew me away were Purk's 3000's. I expected the R10's to sound like the did (very well I might ad
biggrin.gif
) but the 3000's really had a place in my heart. I think I am going to have to find a pair now.

The best lookin amp would be Jeff's Zana Deaux. I have seen pictures before but you don't realize how big (or how hot!) it is until you see it in person. And it had a sound that matched its looks!

Thanks to Ingwe for taking time to help me figure some things out and o explain even more
smily_headphones1.gif
Sounds like I may have missed out of a good lecture near the end.

I am sure there are many more thanks and things that could be mentioned but overall it was a great 1st meet for me and looking forward to the next meet or mini-meet.

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #34 of 37
Peteyglad;5644325 said:
For me the headphones that blew me away were Purk's 3000's. I expected the R10's to sound like the did (very well I might ad
biggrin.gif
) but the 3000's really had a place in my heart. I think I am going to have to find a pair now.

The best lookin amp would be Jeff's Zana Deaux. I have seen pictures before but you don't realize how big (or how hot!) it is until you see it in person. And it had a sound that matched its looks!

QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed the L3000. The Zana is a nice match to the L3000.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #36 of 37
As a minimalist headfier, I found quite a lot to gawk, wonder, and drool over at the meet. I did not try every headphone there, and I tried even fewer rigs. The headphones I enjoyed enough to lust for include the AT 2002 and 3000s (I did not try the Sonys) and the AT AD2000s. All three sounded "just right" to me and I'm sure they are cherished. After owning the DT 770s for awhile and hearing a couple of other Beyers, I was very surprised by the DT 150s. They sounded more balanced than the 770s, with less distorted/ing bass. I liked them. I also got to hear a pair of sextets for the first time and was excited by them. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, I'm too much of a low-ender and beginner. I would like to spend much more time with each of them.

The range and quality of DACs and amplifiers, and some things I don't even know what they did, was astounding. My goodness, but there's depth to this hobby. The fact that many of the units I saw were hand built by the people who were right in front of me was impressive.

Thanks, everyone, for the view into and sounds of the world of high-end headphone music.

Mooch

May 8, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #37 of 37
Looks like it was a great meet up with great equipment. Wish I could have been there!
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back