Atlanta - AAC (old A-VCOA) Meet on Sunday, May 6th 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #31 of 41
I will bring my new HiFiman Supermini player. I am quite impressed with this little unit. Sounds great with my HiFiman HE400is, but what surprised me most was how good is sounds with my inexpensive InEarPeace IEMS. Very similar tonal balance to the HE400i!

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #32 of 41
Great to see folks new to the hobby signing up to come. There will be tremendous equipment and people resources at this meet with a willingness to share their experience and knowledge. Newbies, Y'all come!

I'm listening to a violin concerto via a Tidal Masters MQA recording at the Montreal Symphony from my LG V30. The dynamic range of the the piece is outstanding. If anyone has a MQA authenticated desktop DAC, it sure would be great if you could bring it to the meet. Purk has a Sony NW-ZX300 dedicated player that is a MQA device. Any more?

Alternatively, there are some MQA authenticated player softwares that are available. I have JRiver 24 and they have not adopted MQA.

May 1, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #33 of 41
Hi Mike,

Yes, I will bring along the ZX300. It is a very nifty player.

May 1, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #34 of 41
Just got a tracking for Headamp GS-X MKII, Gilmore Lite MKII, and Audeze LCD-XC courtesy of Justin Wilson of Headamp. That's more than $5k for us to play with. Matrix-Audio loaner equipment should be coming in tomorrow. This will be a great meet!

May 2, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #35 of 41
Remember that this is NOT like our regular meetings. You can come at any time from 12N to 5:00 PM. You can wander the tables and see and hear many of those products you have only heard about on the Head-FI, Head-Case, and Superaudiobestfriends websites. Bring your own headphones and sample the players and headphone dacs & amps! Bring your player and sample the dacs/amps and phones! This is your chance to see/hear the entry level, the high end, and even historic equipment all in one place. New to headphone listening? Get a chance to pick the brains of the professionals and knowledgeable enthusiasts who will be there! All this an light refreshments provided by AAC and Schiit Audio, the sponsors of this event!

May 5, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #37 of 41
Driving into town now! Is any one interested in grabbing a bite to eat with my this evening? If so PM me here!

Also for gear I'm bringing;

Sources
Audio GD NFB10ES2
EL Dac
GeekOut V2+

DAPS
Questyle QP2R
Hifiman HM901
Shanling M3S

AMPS
ibasso PB2
ALO RX MKB3
Schiit Vali Gen 1
APPJ pa1502a modded
Ember II

Headphones;
LCD 2 PreFazor
ZMF Eikon
HD 800 [SDR Mod]
AKG K702
K240 MP [70s]
K240 M [80s]
@fleasbaby Magnum V7 build
Grado SR 225
E-MU Purpleheart
Modded Audio Technica ES10

May 5, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #38 of 41
Hello all!

Really looking forward to meeting you all and showing you some cool stuff at this event!

Here is the official list of what I'll have:

LCD-2 Classic
LCD-2 (with new headband)
LCD-X (with new headband)
LCD-XC (with new headband)
LCD-3 (with new headband)
LCD-MX4
LCD-4
LCD-4z (the new lower impedance version of the LCD-4)
LCDi4

iSINE10
iSINE20
SINE DX

A Pre-Production MOBIUS! With limited content. I will not be able to hook this up to much, as it's pre production, but you'll get a good idea of what it will do! It will be running a sizzle reel off my laptop if there is room over USB.

See you all tomorrow.

- Evan

May 5, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #39 of 41
Exciting time indeed!

Just talked to Headamp & Violetric & Matrix guys and the demo gears are available for sale at the event at a special price. Only one of each of the following is available for sale:

Headamp:
GSX MKII - $3199 list ????
Gilmore Lite MKII - $499 list $399

Violetric
HPA-V100 $819 list $656

Matrix-Audio
Mini Pro 2S - $629 list $500

Just ask me at the table for the special price on the GS-X MKII.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #40 of 41
Hello all!

Really looking forward to meeting you all and showing you some cool stuff at this event!

Here is the official list of what I'll have:

LCD-2 Classic
LCD-2 (with new headband)
LCD-X (with new headband)
LCD-XC (with new headband)
LCD-3 (with new headband)
LCD-MX4
LCD-4
LCD-4z (the new lower impedance version of the LCD-4)
LCDi4

iSINE10
iSINE20
SINE DX

A Pre-Production MOBIUS! With limited content. I will not be able to hook this up to much, as it's pre production, but you'll get a good idea of what it will do! It will be running a sizzle reel off my laptop if there is room over USB.

See you all tomorrow.

- Evan

Awesome excited to hear the LCD 4 and 4Z again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back