ATH-W1000X VS Beyerdynamic T 70 - Isolation
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shini44

Headphoneus Supremus
Both are Closed/Bright Headphones. yet which one does leak the sound more? and how less is the leakage is compared to the open HD650 which does leak as if  it was a big speaker.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

I've yet to find a headphone that isolates as well as the T70. The housing coupled with the microfiber pads that come with the T70 isolate very, very well. So much so that I got more microfiber T70 pads for my other Beyer headphones to increase isolation.

Very best,

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Heya,

I've yet to find a headphone that isolates as well as the T70. The housing coupled with the microfiber pads that come with the T70 isolate very, very well. So much so that I got more microfiber T70 pads for my other Beyer headphones to increase isolation.

Very best,

going for them this week :D also check my amp/dac PM :p 

Thanks a lot btw you are a pro for real :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
going for them this week :D also check my amp/dac PM :p 

Thanks a lot btw you are a pro for real :D

Heya,

Got it and replied; I've used the T70 with several setups. You don't need the bifrost/lyr at all. I would not put it on the lyr even, it's too sensitive to need the lyr and the lyr adds noise floor to headphones like that. I would stick with your tubemagic.

Very best,

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Just for reference, isolation has been measured for both:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT70250Ohm.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHW1000X.pdf

I agree with Mal that the T70 isolate very well - they're also comfortable. If only they sounded good. :ph34r:

Regarding amps - they're extremely sensitive, as mentioned; something with a low noise floor should be the ideal when possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back