ATH-W1000X Thread!
Feb 18, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #241 of 1,994

Quote:
I let you know when they get here. I sold the HD800 because they wer not my cup ot tea. I will be posting my impression on the Hd800 and their sound in comparison to all my planar and this one when it gets here and I have had time to evaluate my setup

Quote:
I wonder how these do without an amp :D

I have a Samsung M1 as source, and I'm considering getting these only because I just need to pay a little more after my CK10s broke. Yes, I'm only using portable. Anyone know of a good portable budget amp to drive these?

Thanks,

S.

They need an amp. I tried these on my OTL but they are better on my Taboo. They are 42ohms and need power to dive them. Ipod look elsewhere or source. tried it on my onkyo DX7555 no volunme not being drive.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #242 of 1,994
I'm pretty new to the full-sized can world. I only really need a portable amp to go along with W1000X. Can anyone help me with this? I'm reading on many high end amps that cost over 800 dollars, but I don't have that kind of budget to spend on an amp. I just need something adequate that brings out the w1000x's potential, and is at the same time reasonably cheap. 250 or less

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #246 of 1,994
I had a listen to these at the recent Bay Area meet and today I clicked "Submit Order" :) Can't wait until they get here and see how it goes with the ol' Zana Deux T.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #247 of 1,994
I enjoy listening to mine without an amp.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #248 of 1,994
So you are saying the sub bass of HD650 is more prounouced than W1000X? Ive heard the opposite but I havn¨t listened to HD650.
Quote:
Mine has arrived.  It gives me a good fit and my ears can fit into the pads.  The build quality is good, everything feels solid except for those materials between the pads and the metal holders.  They feel flimsy.  With respect to Sennheiser HD650, it's brighter and less veiled, and its bass doesn't extend as low.  That's the initial impression so far.  

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #249 of 1,994
OOhh, where are you get them from? What did you like about them?
Quote:
I had a listen to these at the recent Bay Area meet and today I clicked "Submit Order" :) Can't wait until they get here and see how it goes with the ol' Zana Deux T.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #251 of 1,994
From what I have been hearing, HD650 has deeper bass.  

I just want to add that may be the sub bass in a GRAPH test seems deeper but when you listen to w1000x the bass feels deeper than hd650, more surrounding with more body, better defined.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #253 of 1,994
I have a W1000x on loan since 4 days and I am really impressed. No problem playing all kind of music through it and don´t feel I need to grasp for other headphones. Of course I can´t help but comparing it to my other woodie the DX 1000. Problem is I have owned this headphone twice actually and I know what really works on it. For example the additional score for Gladiator. Duduk of the North to pick a track. A lot of moments where I just can´t breath and almost feel like I am going to explode by emotions :)...

What would be the gladiator track for the W-1000x?  It´s a good allrounder but what tracks/music make you freak out on it :)

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #255 of 1,994
Slow to mid tempo songs that has not excessive energy involved like very busy pop songs. Well recorded ans mastered ballads will leave you impressed with haunting vocals. Especially females 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back