ATH-W1000X Thread!
Mar 12, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,608 of 1,994
Any suggestion for the wood holder for this headphone?
Thanks!

check the last pic, I use Walmart brand Bamboo bannana stands, they might a nice wood headphone hangar imo! 

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #1,612 of 1,994
There is an official audio technica headphone stand (AT-HPS500). It looks like it takes the strain off of the bars and it looks very nice as well. You'll see many pictures of the w1000x with this stand.

It's very expensive though but there is a replica of it on eBay that is cheaper. The only difference is the writing engraved on the stand. Search Zoppapro on eBay and look for the wooden stand. I made an offer for 30 and got it but you might be able to get it for less. It looks great.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #1,613 of 1,994
There is an official audio technica headphone stand (AT-HPS500). It looks like it takes the strain off of the bars and it looks very nice as well. You'll see many pictures of the w1000x with this stand.

It's very expensive though but there is a replica of it on eBay that is cheaper. The only difference is the writing engraved on the stand. Search Zoppapro on eBay and look for the wooden stand. I made an offer for 30 and got it but you might be able to get it for less. It looks great.

Nice! I'll try to find it. Thanks man!

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #1,614 of 1,994

I went on a stand buying spree last month and picked up a AT-HPS500 which is nice, but pretty simple.  Probably wouldn't pay new price for it, but for the used price I paid, I was happy.

I have used towel holders from Bed Bath and Beyond for headphone stands in the past and work well.  Usually $15-20 depending on construction.  

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #1,615 of 1,994
I am going to leave you dear folks...
My W1000X will go up for sale...
I got a great deal on a pair of W5000's and it is the next step to the W3000's... (don't want to have the wife faint over a 4 figure headphone purchase...)

It was a pleasure reading your posts!

Also, I want to offer it to someone here first.
The W1000X's look awesome. I saw a very small dent (real tiny) in the edge of one of the cups. The ear pads are not stock, I remember the ear pads to be more flat. These I can fit my ears 'inside' and they seem to close off a little better than the stock ones.
I don't have the original box, but I will ship them in a generic headphone case I bought on Ebay for $25. The W1000X's will come in a velvet pouch.

I am looking for $350 plus shipping and 3% paypal fees.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Moderators: I know I should post in the market place, but I want to give the REAL fans a chance first to get a real nice pair with very nice ear pads.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,617 of 1,994
@karmanfamily:  Are you confident you are going to be happier with the W5000?

FWIW, I have both the W1000X and W3000.  With very particular amplification + source, the W3000 sounds better about 80% of the songs.  With all else, the W1000X sounds better.

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #1,620 of 1,994
  @karmanfamily:  Are you confident you are going to be happier with the W5000?

FWIW, I have both the W1000X and W3000.  With very particular amplification + source, the W3000 sounds better about 80% of the songs.  With all else, the W1000X sounds better.

Just wondering do you know how w3000 compared to LCD 2 rev 2? I thinking on getting LCD 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back