ATH-W1000X Thread!
Aug 4, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #136 of 1,994

I read your thread on the player before you commented here. It did sound pretty good! Before it started crashing down on me that is...

I prefer something lighter and does less things in the background and will just have to stick with foobar. :frowning2:
Quote:
This is the same exact annoying hindrance I had with the D7000's - low note pianos were muddled, indistict and ill-defined somewhat.  No amount of EQ'ing alleviated the problem correctly.  The best solution I found was to run the JR Media crossfeed implementation through it.  Might help with the W1000x's as well.

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #137 of 1,994
Hello, 

Do you think the W1000x could be correctly driven out of an Hifiman 801 or even its little brother (the 602), which shares a similar amplification ? Would the slightly laid back / warm but dynamic output of the HM801 / 602 be a good synergy with the W1000x slight coloration ? 

Also, would I be exposing myself to noticeable distortion with this setup ?

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #138 of 1,994
Got my new W1000X in the post this morning. Beautiful!

They'll need to burn in a bit before I start shooting my mouth off, but I think it's safe to say that I'll prefer them to their predecessors, the extremely short-lived SR325is. I'll be running them from my Burson HA160 (recent model). More soon!

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #140 of 1,994

Quote:
Got my new W1000X in the post this morning. Beautiful!

They'll need to burn in a bit before I start shooting my mouth off, but I think it's safe to say that I'll prefer them to their predecessors, the extremely short-lived SR325is. I'll be running them from my Burson HA160 (recent model). More soon!

Congratulations nickosiris!  I love my AtH-W1000X, and I will be very interested to hear how they pair with the Burson HA 160.  I am using a RWA Isabellina HPA from a Macbook Pro/itunes/Amarra Mini.  I had some initial sibilance with them, but it is long gone.  I tried a lot of hps this year at CanJam, and feel the ATH-W1000x is way underappreciated ...likely because of lack of North American availability.  Cheers.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #141 of 1,994

Quote:
Congratulations nickosiris!  I love my AtH-W1000X, and I will be very interested to hear how they pair with the Burson HA 160.  I am using a RWA Isabellina HPA from a Macbook Pro/itunes/Amarra Mini.  I had some initial sibilance with them, but it is long gone.  I tried a lot of hps this year at CanJam, and feel the ATH-W1000x is way underappreciated ...likely because of lack of North American availability.  Cheers.

Defs, and them not being marketed as "end all be all" headphones hurts too. In hi-fi, pure lies is often better than the truth.

They truly are a keeper though, even if not the absolute best.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #142 of 1,994
I think it's more the lack of availability outside Japan that hurts them.  I love mine, but I had ordered from PriceJapan before, so I was not scared to do so.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #144 of 1,994
I am VERY interested in the answer to this question too.  If the W1000X is the W1000 without changes in sound signature, but with less congested distortion and slight* more warmth, it would be the perfect headphone.

Quote:
ok, last night I've tried W1000 and I love its sound, especially its vocal, so my question is, am I have to spend up to w1000x or I just keep at w1000 level? 

I usually listen pop-jazz vocal and acoustic.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #145 of 1,994
No, much more different than that. The W1000 had very little bass weight, whereas the W1000X have plenty. Their bass response is what is the most different. It's more than just a little warmth - they are a little warmer, but that's not the same as having more bass weight, which is the more striking difference.

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #146 of 1,994

Quote:
No, much more different than that. The W1000 had very little bass weight, whereas the W1000X have plenty. Their bass response is what is the most different. It's more than just a little warmth - they are a little warmer, but that's not the same as having more bass weight, which is the more striking difference.

oh, so the bass response is the most different, how about the vocal? I prefer the one that offering best for sweet and smoothness.

is it worth it to get the W1000 now, then get the W1000x later and still keep the W1000?

I mean, are they has so much different so we can using them for different genre?

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #147 of 1,994
In addition to what has been said already the W1000X mid and vocal presentation is much more forward and a bit more 'aggressive' sounding to me. The W1000 are more laid back.

In my mind they are two different headphones, the W1000x is everything the W1000 is but more so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back