ATH Pro700mk2ANV vs. Monster Beats Pro
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

yahoobabe

New Head-Fier
ok i know that monster beats isn't really a nice bargain and has really low performance over the price they charge
however i'm still gonna ask this question since i kinda like the style and the brand when it comes to Monster Beats (not counting in their product quality)
so please don't bash me or be harsh on the subject that Monster Beats ain't worth it
because i really need a choice between these too.

-----

so i'm kinda basshead but i never listen to Hiphop stuffs
i'm actually a metal/progressive metal/hard rock fan (fav. band is DT/Angra/Sonata Arctica/GnR...etc)
(however i recently became a beginning listener to dubstep/electro kind of stuff, but that's just a plus and i don't really care much about it)
i like hard beats on drums and bass but at the same time i hope i can hear really good guitar sound qualities
vocal isn't too much of a big deal for me
however i don't like treble being too intense (like i don't really enjoy the experience i had when i listened to DT through a Denon D400)

what i want to have some advice on is that
i listened to ATH Pro700mk2ANV (50th aniverssary edition, the one colored with black and gold/bronze)
and surprisinly i really enjoyed the sound quality and the bass quality/quantity
(the style also)

but right now if I "DON'T COUNT IN THE ~$100 PRICE DIFFERENCE" (let's say if they are for the same price)
would there be any chance that the Monster Beats Pro is likely to beat ATH Pro700mk2ANV?
i know Beats Pro give a high quantity of bass, but it's trebles and mids are not that good compared with the ATH's
but the sound quality is actually not that bad either?

so what do you guys think i should choose? (if not hating the Monster Beats)
Please give me some advice with no hate at all. only considering the sound and quantity these two headphone present

thanks a lot, would really appreciate quick answers

(sorry if there's any kind of English problem, not really a natvie speaker)

Thanks again!

tl:dr - if not considering the price difference between ATH Pro700mk2ANV and Monster Beats Pro
which headphone would be the better choice when i listen to Progressive metal/ hard rock/ 80s/ a bit of dubstep and mainstream

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 10
thanks a lot!
really hope that i can get more votes (best if it's from an objective point of view)
please guys really need some advice

btw i think Monster Beats Pro would have a better selling price if someday i want to sell it?
(just saying though)

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 10
You heard the Pro700mk2ANV and liked both the sound and the style. Personally, I also think the gold/bronze/whatever accent on it looks very nice.

You said you like the Beat Pro's style, but have you heard them? It has high quantity of bass only for some parts of it. It doesn't do anything for the deep bass.

Go with the ATH-Pro700mk2ANV. It's a safer buy.

Taking the names out of this...

1. I like how Headphone A looks. I have listened to it and liked how it sounds.

2. I like how Headphone B looks. I have not listened to it.

3. Headphone A is the safer choice to buy.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
thanks a lot!
really hope that i can get more votes (best if it's from an objective point of view)
please guys really need some advice

btw i think Monster Beats Pro would have a better selling price if someday i want to sell it?
(just saying though)

definitely try the beats pro in store though
i found comfort a big issue for me even though i have small ears- the stiff pads wouldnt fit around my ears and they got hot quickly
im not sure about the resell price- there are tons of fake ones people would rather buy for around $100 price

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Actually yes i have heard the Beat Pros just hours ago in a studio with only monster beat stuffs,
i found it not really attractive but not bad either (again, not considering the price difference with pro700mk2anv)

maybe my taste is like a noob when it comes to headphones,
but i literally didn't dislike the bass of Pros when i listened to it
however i didn't 100% like the mids and trebles since i found it a bit muddy
but again it's not that bad either so considering i'm not really an expert in headphones i decided to post this poll/question onto the forum

comfort wasn't really a problem though, and actually i found people complaining about the comfortness of Pro700mk2anv also,
but both of these headphones i consider quite acceptable on me, maybe i have a small head? (lol)

anyways really thankful for all your advice!

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #7 of 10
There is not, have not been and will never be the slightest chance in the universe that anybody will find the Beats Pro better-sounding than the ATH-PRO700MK2.

Believe me, the difference is not just the price and the build quality. The Audio-Technicas sound better, and have more bass as well, if that's what you're after.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
There is not, have not been and will never be the slightest chance in the universe that anybody will find the Beats Pro better-sounding than the ATH-PRO700MK2.

Believe me, the difference is not just the price and the build quality. The Audio-Technicas sound better, and have more bass as well, if that's what you're after.

ok reading this reply i'll probably just go for the pro700mk2anv then! thank you so much

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 10

Came in to dispute this.

Purely sound-wise (and sound-wise only), the Beats Pro have the edge. But take into account that they are nearly three times the price, the price difference is not justifiable.

Overall detail retrieval wise, the Beats still have the upper hand, with the Pro700 sound *slightly* murky in comparison. Bass-wise... uh... it's kinda hard to tell. Both have equal quantity really, with the Pro700 being "faster" but slightly less detailed.

C'mon guys, stop with all the blind bashing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back