ATH-PRO700MK2 Vs V Moda Crossfade M-100
Nov 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AlmostAPhile

New Head-Fier
I'm stuck between choosing the Ath-Pro700MK2's, or the V Moda M-100
I mainly listen to bass-dominant music but I don't want it to overpower the mids and highs, though I occasionally sprinkle rock, electronic, jazz, etc..

I currently own the Bose OE2, (I realize that Bose isn't liked to well here), and I'm pretty satisfied with them, though, they leak a lot, and I know I can get better sounding headphones, for a better price. 

I'm usually traveling, and I don't own a portable amp, (I do plan on getting the Fiio E11, details on that would be nice as well), 

I'm leaning towards the V Moda's at this point, but if you have any disclaimers about them, please let me know.

(If I get the Audio Technica's earpad suggestions would be good too.)

I'm comfortable with the looks, price, accessories, etc.. for each pair of headphones. Now it's just down to sound quality.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 4
the pro 700 mk2 is fine for your genres because the bass is nice tight and controlled but you have to use an amp like the fiio6/11 or something better for the bass to come out, by itself you can actually listen to classicals and vocals without the bass drowning out your music, it sounds really natural and nice. with amp and bass boost on, cthulu comes out to splatter your brains while still retaining most of the music clarity, while the mids sounds more recessed depending on bass gain levels but thats expected of all headphones. The thing about these headphones, you can stretch them so you dont have to worry too much about the comfort level or replacing the earpads, dont be afraid to pull and split them apart to reshape them if they clamp your ears too hard they are built tough like tanks and can handle it easily., I really dont have comfort problems with mines anymore after doing so.

I Cant speak for the V modas though but i'm pretty sure they can not even come close to  beat the pro700 mk2's amped bass in quantity, tightness, impact, and control.  .

just know that with the pro 700 mk2, you'll get a darker sound signature than your bose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back