ATH-PRO700MK2 Earpads replacement.
Nov 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Supreme Simon

New Head-Fier
Hearing a lot of complaints about the earpads , i havent ordered them yet but i am about to , i would like to know which one and should get , i want to get the right one that doesnt influence the sound negatively , i thought about the M50's ones but i am a real noob to the whole headphone world.

So i hope to get some help from the experts here =D

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I am REALLY fond of my black beyer gel pads: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/580539-REG/Beyerdynamic_900799_Gel_Style_Ear_Cushions_for.html

As you can see they are quite expensive, but they are SOOOOOO comfortable, and I find that they enhance every bit of the sound from these cans.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 5
2nd'ing the black beyer gels, 40 dollars for earpads was a hard pill to swallow but i never ever regretted it once i got them in, lol crazy plushy and they only affect the sound in positive ways

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I forgot to post this a long time ago in the longer PRO700Mk2 thread, but here is what I did to mine before I gave them away.  I used the earpads from a Corsair Vengeance gaming headset (their headsets suck by the way).  They fit snugly over the original, yes OVER LULZ.  With these, your ears no longer touch the earpads and it actually turns it into a circumural headphone.

http://www.corsair.com/en/pc-computer-audio/pc-computer-audio-accessories.html

They are memory foam and only cost $15.  The leatherette/memory foam is friggin comfortable and lasted longer than the original material that the MK2 uses.  However since this widens the spacing from the driver to your ear, sound is slightly changed.  You can tell when you press slighlty inwards on the earcups.  You could take out the inside earpad and use rope, but I didn't have any to mess around with.  Here, it fit's really snug and looks stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back