ath m50x vs momentum
Feb 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

broazny

New Head-Fier
After days of research I finally lock down the 2 headphones ill get.
the m50x is everything I look for great mids and bass, (will use a Fiio 6) to pump out more bass. Btw is the fiio 6 usable with androids?
As for the momentum I really like the sound except for th bass. The isolation are great with them. So you could say I'm a bass head and dont recommend me the m 100 as they are a v sound and I also own the crossfade lps which leak alot.
I'm really bummed out cause I can't choose between the two. I also dont want to be mainstream and use really beats since people rob you for those and they sound like crap. Should I pre order the ath 50x and get the amp or just go with the momentums

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 8
You haven't heard the ATH-M50x, correct? What are they going to sell the M50x for? The current M50 are half the price of the Momentums.

If you are a basshead, I don't really think you will be happy with either of them.

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 8
You haven't heard the ATH-M50x, correct? What are they going to sell the M50x for? The current M50 are half the price of the Momentums.

If you are a basshead, I don't really think you will be happy with either of them.
I have heard the m50s but not the m50x I really like their mids so I was planning to hook up a fiio 6 and add some more bass in

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 8
A bit late, but I have both momentum and ath m50x. M50x has more bass, which seems to suit your taste . finding the sound stage a bit too small however. Doesn't leak noise as long as you don't put it on top of a later of hair. Momentum isolates noise more.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 8
It partly depends on what music you listen to. For example, treble is important in rock music because of the guitar. Momentum has a rolled off treble which isn't great for that, but M50 has a thin treble which I find irritating. M50 sounds punchier because of its bass; Momentum sounds darker overall because of its treble roll off.

M50 has smaller than average earcups; Momentum's earcups are just plain small. Your ears will probably be up against the drivers in both cases, though much less so with M50. In other respects, such as weight, Momentum is more comfortable. I would pay more for the M50x than the original in order to use it with shorter cables, not out concern for durability.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 8
M50X bass is almost too much for me sometimes....unlike other headphones I have owned these tend to sound significantly different on different gear (sometimes), on my x-fi card there is more bass slam and definition than on the phone, although the difference isn't that big.

But IMO M50X on Titanium X-Fi on 30% volume is already a little woofer if the track calls for it.

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Comfort - M50x

Style - Momentum (this is subjective)

Value for money - M50x

Returned my momentums because im having comfort issues but they sure sound great.

They both perform well with all types of genre, momentums sound warmer.

I'd chose the M50x between the two, They satisfy my needs which are comfort and great sound.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back