ATH M50's or HD25-1 II
Aug 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

joshwalnut

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into getting another pair of headphones. I love my HD 558's but i want something more engaging for certain types of music... plus i want to test the waters of a closed back. My favorite type of music is the slower pace electronica like college, anoraak (the old stuff), grum, daft punk, etc.. you get the jist. Which headphones are best for these types of music? I'm looking at the M50's and the HD25-1 II AND also some grados/alessandros (open back, i know). 

In a nutshell, i want something more engaging then the 558's.. something with more PRaT (whatever the hell that means lmao) Just a more fun sounding headphone.... i'm not looking to beat the 558's... because that'll probably be hard to do without spending a lot of money.. just a different headphone. I don't want to spend anything over $300

Aug 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the suggestions.. so you don't think neither the m50 or 25's are good for the music i like?

Also, i've read some bad things about the s-logic technology that the ultrazone headphones use.. something about a weird soundstage.

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Ok, i'm now stuck between the ATH a900x's and the V-MODA m-100's.. does anybody have experience with these headphones? I really like the look and portability of the m-100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back