ATH M50's only 45$, too good to be true?
Jan 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 9
seems suspicious just looking at it. plus who would sell m50s for that cheap?

google to see if its legit and see what other people have said about it. i have no experience with them, but i would definitely not use them.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 9
This I can vouch for- I tested them out and bought them for a friend of mine. He liked it, but more importantly, so did his GF.

Though a 4th one I bought for a tech friend who was interested was faulty, all the rest were actually pretty good.

Going to Jaben to test them side-by-side with an authentic piece.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 9
One of the reviewers on the seller site said the "ATH-M50" is a quality fake.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 9
Hey man, as a coincidence i bought these exact set last week off focalprice hah... ive tried a real set (retail for 300 aud) and these cost me 40...  the bass in these really lacks any punch or rumble but the clarity and soundstage was pretty good and i plan to use these as a gaming headset from now on (instead of my siberia v2's)

they may not be real but theyre worth what you pay

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 9
100% fake, headband doesn't have proper curve, the padding on headband is uneven, and the sewing job is terrible!!! Look at both ends of the sewing, terribly aligned.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #8 of 9
*shrugs* they've performed pretty well for me. I know it's not saying much, but they stand up to Beats. Good amp, I can use it to pick out 80% of instruments in a reasonably big orchestra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back