ATH-m50s for 11 dollars. HURRY
Nov 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #136 of 176

Despite having zero interest in buying or selling anything on here, I was just curious as to what the big deal was.  The attitudes seemed to make selling for a profit out to be a horrible, evil sin or something.  So I asked for a clarification, since a profitable sale could be beneficial to consumers buying headphones.  Then I got my answer, and it's typical greed.  No surprise.  It makes sense.  Just don't be a hypocrite about it.
Quote:
A lot of butthurt folks here... I don't envy the Mods having to repeat themselves for those that can't grasp the principle. Just accept it guys. There are other avenues for these transactions.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #137 of 176
Hmmm...I have a question. Is trading for a pair of XB500's considering evil and trading for a profit?

XB500 can be had for $30 as an open box. Used they're worth even less. With the $11 price + shipping it seems almost even for a used XB500.

I won't sell these, but if a local friend had a  pair of XB500 I'd do a swap. No money at all made.

I bet you'll see a ton of Amazon marketplace listings soon...probably M50's for $70-$80! NOT ME. I hate selling things online.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #138 of 176
Hey guys, OP here.  I didn't intend for this thread to turn out into a moral discussion, I just wanted to share this deal I found.  Apologies if I broke any rules here.  I got my 2 m50s (1 for me. 1 for my brother) today and I'm very happy that the deal went through.  In case any one is wondering,  I received (2) ATH-M50s' (the straight, not coiled cable).  This is my first full size headphone and I don't have any experience with them, but I'm looking forward to learning about them.  Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing their experiences, opinions and reviews.  I think this is a great community and am glad to be a member here. 
Regarding the whole "flipping" deal.  If that's the rule here, then we should all let it be.  If you have those intentions be smart about it and don't bring it here, I don't understand why everyone's getting so worked up. 

Also, any suggestions on an amp for a PSP/laptop/cellphone(samsung galaxy s) that drives these well?

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #140 of 176

Quote:
Hey guys, OP here.  I didn't intend for this thread to turn out into a moral discussion, I just wanted to share this deal I found.  Apologies if I broke any rules here.  I got my 2 m50s (1 for me. 1 for my brother) today and I'm very happy that the deal went through.  In case any one is wondering,  I received (2) ATH-M50s' (the straight, not coiled cable).  This is my first full size headphone and I don't have any experience with them, but I'm looking forward to learning about them.  Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing their experiences, opinions and reviews.  I think this is a great community and am glad to be a member here. 
Regarding the whole "flipping" deal.  If that's the rule here, then we should all let it be.  If you have those intentions be smart about it and don't bring it here, I don't understand why everyone's getting so worked up. 

Also, any suggestions on an amp for a PSP/laptop/cellphone(samsung galaxy s) that drives these well?

No problem.  The thing is, to keep everything on Head-fi fair, we have a very strict dividing line between people who are regular folks, and those making or selling audio gear for a profit.  That way, when you read people's comments on gear, you only have to worry about such things as their experience and the music they like, not whether or not they are posting because they have some financial interest in promoting or trashing gear.  Since that dividing line is whether or not they purely bought or sold something to make a profit on it, we don't allow people to use Head-fi to make a profit on headphone specials such as in this case. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #142 of 176
Just a few days
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #146 of 176
Since a few days have elapsed....has anyone gotten a message back from the Amazon seller retracting the sale & posting a refund?  Surely they're not obligated to complete the transaction due to a pricing error.
Just curious....

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #147 of 176

Quote:
Since a few days have elapsed....has anyone gotten a message back from the Amazon seller retracting the sale & posting a refund?  Surely they're not obligated to complete the transaction due to a pricing error.
Just curious....

Don't think one can rescind on a consumer contract after acceptance of the offer has been exercised. That's the law.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #148 of 176
Looks like some people got great deals.  As far as the seller being responsible for the mistake, you bet, but does that mean everyone can take advantage of them, methinks not.  People try it all the time with ad mistakes and coupon errors where I work and it seriously pisses me off.  Allow me to be human and make mistakes, and I wont whisper obscenities when you walk away from my counter...

Now that I'm off my soap box, congrats to those that got 'em.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #149 of 176
Absolutely hysterical thread. !!
Huge congrats to 17th Street Photo. More buzz than they've probably had in a long time. All who bought and received these should post remarkably positive feedback about 17th Street. If it was a mistake, they will garner amazing good will in exchange for some 'advertising' money lost. If it was intentional, they will garner amazing good will in exchange for some 'advertising' money spent., and either way, several here have scored tremendous cans for almost nothing.

It's a wonderful world sometimes, isn't it? 
atsmile.gif

shane

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #150 of 176
okay seriously now I'm wondering why my thread got deleted? I just realised my thread was posted before this one.. I thought it wasn't since Australia is 1 day ahead of the U.S and just checked my invoice from amazon and it says 29th, Uncle erik did I say something wrong in my thread??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back