ATH-m50s for 11 dollars. HURRY
Nov 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #121 of 176

Quote:
It is drawing attention for the seller. Perhaps others will buy based on the chance they are getting a deal and this becomes a marketing ploy.

Indeed... as mentioned in post #111 :  "This is one crazy marketing campaign !" 
atsmile.gif

Although we are a relatively small group, the buzz from this (positive and negative) has been amazing.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #122 of 176

I read them before I made my post.  That's my point.  I don't understand the principle against a consumer making a profit off of a deal they took advantage of VS giving hi-fi members a great deal on a quality headphone.  For example:

1)  hi-fi member purchases $150 headphone and uses it for awhile.....decides to get something different........sells headphone on here for $100

2)  hi-fi member receives same headphone as a gift for free.......tries it out, but prefers what he already has......sells headphone on here for $100

3)  hi-fi member purchases same headphone at the amazing price of $10........tries it, but decides not to keep it.........sells it on here $50

4)  same as #3 except purchase was made with intent to flip it

So, it sounds like the only acceptable option for this forum is #1.  But what is so wrong with the other 3, especially considering options 3 and 4 are twice as beneficial to hi-fi members? 

What part of "no profit" don't you understand?

As was pointed out, the For Sale Forums are for hobbyists to exchange used gear. It is not a place you go to make money.

If you want to make money, then become a Member of the Trade and you can buy advertising and sponsor a company forum. Then you can sell to make money.

If someone wants to sell them for $11, plus PayPal fees and shipping, that's fine. But flippers will be banned.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #123 of 176
m sorry for posting in this topic and the other, but this topic seems a little more friendly and open minded

but i am ashamed of this, if it wasnt a mistake and maybe he had extra stock or something, thats awesome and i wish i knabbed a set...but if it was an error then there is absolutely no excuse for taking advantage of it.  Thats just dishonorable and I understand that his feedback is more important, if that business were FORCED to ship those headphones out to you due to the strong likely hood of you posting negative feedback ( which you know people will ) then there is a serious problem with your morals.

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #124 of 176

Quote:
m sorry for posting in this topic and the other, but this topic seems a little more friendly and open minded

but i am ashamed of this, if it wasnt a mistake and maybe he had extra stock or something, thats awesome and i wish i knabbed a set...but if it was an error then there is absolutely no excuse for taking advantage of it.  Thats just dishonorable and I understand that his feedback is more important, if that business were FORCED to ship those headphones out to you due to the strong likely hood of you posting negative feedback ( which you know people will ) then there is a serious problem with your morals.

Company makes mistake. Company learns from mistake. Get over it. It happens everyday. Congratulations to those lucky enough to score a pair. I do NOT endorse anyone who purchased them with intention of flipping.. though.

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #125 of 176
i doubt anyone will not like the m50's.  i wanted to test them out for the longest time and darn i am on here a lot and i didnt see that thing, oh well.  this is just like in a game i used to play called last chaos.  i sold like 700,000 pieces of candy for like 1,500 dollars and they are worth like 15,000,000 dollars and the people stole them basically.  i bet thats how the seller felt, but like i said, you have to confirm payments on amazon and i think they would have noticed that they only got that much paid.  maybe not until they view their payment accounts and its gonna be like 100.00 instead of like 1,200.00 dollars.  another thing that i think mostly is that they are stolen.  somebody high jacked a truck going down the road with these in and they needed to sell them.

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #126 of 176

Quote:

I would never post negative feedback if the seller cancelled the sale - I fully expected them to be cancelled. However, I think you're being a little extreme with your tone there.

You say yourself that you wish you had nabbed a pair if it was a legitimate price rather than an error. How would any of us know that though? In the future, should we be second guessing every Deal Alert to make sure that it's not a pricing error? In the time it would take to find out, they would likely sell out - and I think anyone in the same position would have grabbed a pair first and asked questions later. The questions are  exactly what we are asking in this thread.

As far as we know, this has been every bit a legitimate sale because no one has received any information from the seller, or had their orders cancelled. (Except for the ones with stock issues.) We didn't have enough information at the time of the deal, and we still don't. While it's never great for a business to make these errors, it was within their power to correct them. This kind of thing happens all the time, and we have heard often enough of the seller cancelling the orders.

I understand the point you are making, but saying that there is absolutely no excuse for doing it if it was an error is taking it a bit far. I think anyone who say this deal who had the opportunity would jump on it, and I'm pretty sure we're not all monsters here.

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #127 of 176
Too bad I missed out, but maybe someone an be generous and sell me one at the same price?

Well it's good you guys got a deal on them.

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #129 of 176
Quote:

Company makes mistake. Company learns from mistake. Get over it. It happens everyday. Congratulations to those lucky enough to score a pair. I do NOT endorse anyone who purchased them with intention of flipping.. though.

What happened the last time you made a mistake?  Did people use it to walk all over you, or did someone try to give you a hand?

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #130 of 176

I understand every part of it.  But I get the picture.  It's a greed thing.  You getting paid by "sellers" is more important than the good of the users in the forum.  I understand now.  Thanks for clearing it up to me.  And if I'm right, this post will probably be deleted.  LOL! 
Quote:
What part of "no profit" don't you understand?

As was pointed out, the For Sale Forums are for hobbyists to exchange used gear. It is not a place you go to make money.

If you want to make money, then become a Member of the Trade and you can buy advertising and sponsor a company forum. Then you can sell to make money.

If someone wants to sell them for $11, plus PayPal fees and shipping, that's fine. But flippers will be banned.

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #131 of 176
The last time I made a mistake, I threw away a receipt for a product that I had zero worries about, but ended up going bad.  Tried to have it taken care of, but the business said to screw off if I don't have a receipt.  Funny how that works.  World of business =/= world of morals and ethics, just as shown by the fact that your site doesn't allow sales for profit, even if it's better for head-fi members purchasing it.

Quote:
Quote:

What happened the last time you made a mistake?  Did people use it to walk all over you, or did someone try to give you a hand?

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #133 of 176
I can't believe I missed this! I'm always checking the amazon deals and I've been wanting these for such a long time but I'm flat broke
frown.gif
Oh well just hoping there's a price drop soon and I make some cash
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #134 of 176
A lot of butthurt folks here... I don't envy the Mods having to repeat themselves for those that can't grasp the principle. Just accept it guys. There are other avenues for these transactions.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #135 of 176
Quote:Originally Posted by RokBoks 

"I can't believe I missed this! I'm always checking the amazon deals and I've been wanting these for such a long time but I'm flat broke Oh well just hoping there's a price drop soon and I make some cash"

Not here you won't. Lmao!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back